PDA

View Full Version : Got into an accident tonight...

Freshnicity
02-18-2009, 05:43 AM
Was coming home from school, got a lousy test score in class today, was having a rough long day. Was a[approaching a green light, it turned yellow, girl in front of me hit the brakes, i did also.

BOW right into her rear end. Hydroplaned the entire way into her, sucked, CA weather is really killing me.

No one hurt. She was driving a civic, minor damage to her bumper, thats about it. Luckily she wasnt hurt, her first time being hit, i feel special.

MESSED my front end up BAD. Both corner lights completely gone now, just fell off, hood smashed, wont close all the way. Luckily, nothing in the engine bay damaged, still drivable. Headlights and blinkers work thank god so i can drive it till i finish the GT.

Sucks, lousy day. Needless to say, once the GT is RUNNING, this car is gone. Ill be taking the Walbro fuel pump and the stereo, that is it, MAYBE the engine.

Sucks, loved that Celica, was in horrible shape due to previous owner(jerk) but it taught me a lot an ran great for awhile.

RIP 92 ST.

pics to come tomorrow after morning shift

Murgatroy
02-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Sucks to hear.

Glad everyone was alright though.

Custom_Celica
02-18-2009, 05:53 AM
Almost Exactly the same situation happened to me a couple weeks ago... except it was a mix of shitty tires and icy pavement... i also rear ended a civic, no real damage visible damage to the bumper but broke his muffler. Pretty much identical damage to except my hood closes. Car still runs hard but im planning buy a parts car to fix the celi

PS not tryin to thread steal ... just letting u know i feel ur pain

Freshnicity
02-18-2009, 05:56 AM
Almost Exactly the same situation happened to me a couple weeks ago... except it was a mix of shitty tires and icy pavement... i also rear ended a civic, no real damage visible damage to the bumper but broke his muffler. Pretty much identical damage to except my hood closes. Car still runs hard but im planning buy a parts car to fix the celi

PS not tryin to thread steal ... just letting u know i feel ur pain

I understand

Sucks when it happens. I just hope my insurance doesnt fly through the roof.

Hoping because it was so ugly outside, and i hydroplaned into her, that it will cut me some slack.

Parting out the ST when the GT's done, which shouldnt be long if the weather lets up a little

Slider
02-18-2009, 06:08 AM
That sucks, it brings back some bad memories.

celicaGT90_05
02-18-2009, 06:15 AM
wasnt you going to try to rid of that car anyway? Just too bad you cant exactly sell it to anything more than a scrapper now though. Am glad to hear everyone was alright, sucks when that happens.

Freshnicity
02-18-2009, 06:23 AM
wasnt you going to try to rid of that car anyway? Just too bad you cant exactly sell it to anything more than a scrapper now though. Am glad to hear everyone was alright, sucks when that happens.

Yeah car was going anyway. But was hoping to get some money off some parts, hood and some other things, not anymore lol.

Ill still part it out, doubt ill get anything for it though. Ill take what i need and leave the rest, get what i can. Just sucks to see it all messed up though lol, still liked that car.

celica91gts
02-18-2009, 06:29 AM
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27573

same thing! slider got in a similar accident as well, both our cars look fine now! its a pretty easy fix. as long as your radiator didnt crack. i have spare corners and hood trim. no bottom piece though. break out the rubber mallet and strighten things out. i used my dads truck to pull my frount end out a bit for gods sake. fix her!

celicaGT90_05
02-18-2009, 06:31 AM
ahh yes! I remember sliders accident! But if his car is being nothing but a money pit not sure if he'll want to go through the hastle to fix it

Freshnicity
02-18-2009, 06:39 AM
ahh yes! I remember sliders accident! But if his car is being nothing but a money pit not sure if he'll want to go through the hastle to fix it

Yep.

Things been nothing but trouble since it hit 189,000 miles.

Literally, the timing belt broke, AGAIN at exactly 189,000, and now the clutch is going out lol.

If it had been maintained better before i got it, i'd fix it, but shes just not worth all the money right now :(. Ill fix the GT, start the build on her, and probably get a corolla as a DD when the GT is getting torn apart.

If anyone wants some parts, let me know lol

Cavanagh
02-18-2009, 06:41 AM
That sucks, it brings back some bad memories.
I hear ya :(

Glad no one was hurt.

92VertGT
02-18-2009, 06:41 AM
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36556

Same shit got fucked up on mine except the bumper, then again I was backed into.

Ryan
02-18-2009, 06:57 AM
Sorry to hear about your car man. I am glad everyone was alright though.

Blackcloud
02-18-2009, 07:33 AM
sorry about your car man.

my fear of getting ass ended is why i leave my hitch on. anybody that ass ends me is going to get a grill full of hitch. :hehe:

joe's gt
02-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Yup, CA rain has been crazy. I am driving so slow. Wet roads are slick in CA, especially when all the oil surfaces from the sunny days we have had previously. I am so careful in the rain cuz when you lose ur tires, u lose ur steering with fwd. Glad everyone is ok, and good luck with getting whatever money you can out of it.

The Captain
02-20-2009, 12:58 AM
R.i.p.

zmile06
02-20-2009, 01:09 AM
I'm just noting if you did the work yourself it could all be fixed for around 250 at most... I got a hood for 35, front bumper for 35 including the reinforcement bar...

I just hate to see a celica parted out and killed over something i think could be fixed in a days work.

Sorry you got in an accident, try to keep a safe distance when it's wet outside though. People never seem to do that, not trying to be a jerk, just trying to keep everyone safe.

wizzards581
02-20-2009, 01:57 AM
did u get a picture with her? j/w..haha...