PDA

View Full Version : Wheel hub

Punisher
03-16-2005, 03:54 AM
I have a '90 GTS.. will a driver side left hub from a 93 GTS (non-ABS) work on my '90 GTS (non-ABS)??

alltracman78
03-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Are you talking about the hub or axle carrier?
Either way, they should swap out. They're all the same, as long as you stay with abs or nonabs. Only the ST is different [4 bolt].

Punisher
03-16-2005, 06:49 PM
right I'm talking about the steering knuckle.. you have the hub, which bolts to the strut and to the steering tie-rods and of course the drive shaft goes through it.. I need to replace the wheel bearing.. but I can get a whole non-ABS steering knuckle assembly from a local junk yard, non-ABS from a '93 GTS for 40 dollars.. Be a lot easier to just put a whole other assembly in.

Btw, someone before I owned the car put an ABS version knuckle on it.. because it has the ABS ring gear on it... so either one will work apparently. But I'd like to keep things uniform lol.

gen5
03-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Junk yard wheel bearings are risky. I have to press both of mine out this Friday at work. I paid the same price for new the bearing and seals as you will be paying for a used, unknown condition, non returnable piece. My2cents.

Punisher
03-17-2005, 03:27 AM
I got 30 days... IF they last me a couple months I will be happy. I've never had problems with toyota bearings.. The only reason my current ones failed is because the axle nut wasn't properly torqued.. leaving EXCESSIVE amounts of play in the hub... Besides.. I can easily press in new ones.. just that right now I don't have a job and the quickest easiest cheapest solution right now is just to put the new steering knuckle in and be done with it.. I'll still keep my old steering knuckle and later on when I get a job I can stick new bearings in her and put it back on.