PDA

View Full Version : Ok So i need some serious suggestions/advice

Freshnicity
02-10-2009, 08:25 PM
I got all the money I need together to purchase my 3sgte bundle basically, but I need some advice.

I spoke to Trance a little bit about it already.

I got enough right now to purchase the bundle, but wont be able to swap it in, for probably about 5-6 months, 4 at the soonest. I want a 3sgte suppppper bad, and I have a place to store everything(free), and will also be able to work on the motor before i drop it in.

Its going into a 90 GT hatch, which will be running in a week or so(bad head). And i got a 92 ST, which, im going to be selling/parting out as soon as the GT is running.

So heres the question.

Do i:

A)Purchase the 3sgte bundle, store it, work on the motor, and THEN save more money to do other things to the car before i swap it in, ie Coil-overs, exhaust, gather parts for the suspension.

Or

B)Purchase Coil-overs, exhaust and some suspension parts for the 3s swap, and resave the money for the 3sgte bundle.

What do you all say?

k.beaty
02-10-2009, 08:36 PM
depends what you want to do with the car. I'm in the same boat as you, but I want 3sge. Regardless, I decided to do my suspension, exhaust and new wheels before the swap. I chose this route becusase I want to track the car (autox, circuit) and I figured I'm better off having good suspension and wheels and stuff, before I go fast.

Freshnicity
02-10-2009, 08:43 PM
depends what you want to do with the car. I'm in the same boat as you, but I want 3sge. Regardless, I decided to do my suspension, exhaust and new wheels before the swap. I chose this route becusase I want to track the car (autox, circuit) and I figured I'm better off having good suspension and wheels and stuff, before I go fast.

Thats what I'm thinking.

But, im not sure if I should purchase the bundle and store it, THEN do the suspension/exhaust and what not before i swap it in.

Or, vice versa, Do the suspenion/exhaust and gather the necessary other parts and what not for the suspension etc, and then resave the money for the motor bundle.

I've been reassured that there will be no shortage of 2nd/3rd gen 3SGTE's in the next year or so, which is my only worry, finding one after i resave the money

k.beaty
02-10-2009, 08:50 PM
i doubt you'll have any troubles finding an engine within the next year or 2.

Freshnicity
02-10-2009, 09:05 PM
i doubt you'll have any troubles finding an engine within the next year or 2.

I dont think I will either.

Think i'm being over anxious to get my hands on the motor.

Think im going to follow your route, and buy the coil-overs, exhaust, and brakes. then get the motor

k.beaty
02-10-2009, 09:33 PM
no point in going fast if you cant stop or turn lol. what are your goals with the car? daily driver that will see a few track days? only daily driver?

If you're intrested Redrkt01 has Megan Racing coilovers for sale, brand new in box. I've heard really good things about them. I haven't gotten around to installing them yet since the car isnt being driven through the winter and it is in storage.
They're just sitting in the basement looking pretty haha.

RedRkt01
02-10-2009, 09:45 PM
They're just sitting in the basement looking pretty haha.

Same situation for me.......but it's my whole car.......or bits of both actually.

EDIT: oh yeah, fresh I can do Megans for $954.04 shipped.

k.beaty
02-10-2009, 09:51 PM
haha yeah, same man, I've got a stock pile of parts that are waiting to go on.