PDA

View Full Version : Fog light replacement

Frenchy
02-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Ok guys, I have a question as to how to replace the fog lights in my 92 GT

Anyone want to help me out with this?

celica91gts
02-08-2009, 09:19 AM
ask away! is it just the bulb or did you hit something to crack the housing?

Galcobar
02-08-2009, 10:43 AM
If it's the bulb, it's relatively easy.

The housing is held in by a thin metal frame, which hooks onto the fog light support on the outer edge (wheel side) and one screw on the inner edge. Remove that screw, carefully work the frame off, and you can pull the housing out a bit (also possible to twist the frame to one side enough to move the housing if you're delicate). The bulb has two wires leading off it, one longer which is easier to detach, the other right on the bulb. Either way, they just pull off. This will free the housing, and you can then release the wire clip holding the bulb in.

Replacement is an H3 55W.

If it's the housing....well, same instructions.

If it's the support....that could be difficult, the bolts holding it are in a very rust-prone spot. To remove the support, pull the under-engine covers and look up from under the car. The bolts are a pain to get a tool on, but not too bad, though if you've got the bumper cover off it'll make things a lot easier.

Edit: this applies to the fogs on a pre-facelift bumper. They may not apply to a 1992-93 GT.

Frenchy
02-08-2009, 03:07 PM
It was the way you explained first, galcobar...

I pb'd the screws and pb'd the screws and no luck, so I took a flat head and broke the little plastic piece, but they are replaced and all working...

I got em back in place now...