PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber hood

Ryan
02-02-2009, 04:27 AM
So on this one website they have a carbon fiber hood for 90-93 celicas for $65 and then $175 shipping.

You have to use hood pins with it, and I am not sure I like that idea...

What do you guys think?

It is just an oem look carbon fiber hood... not CS or alltrac...

taibones
02-02-2009, 04:40 AM
well i have a friend with an 06 mustange gt with a custom carbon fiber hood,on his way back to north carolina his hood came up and busted his windshield and smashed the top of his car in the funny thing is a week before this his wife told him to get hood pins, anything that light weight the wind will catch and pull it up, however you can google front clip importers in the us, call them and ask if they have any 5th gen gt4 hoods, i have found them as cheap as 250 with shipping, thats if you want a carbon fiber hood or if you want a gt4 hood

k.beaty
02-02-2009, 05:20 AM
hood pins are the ghey unless they are actually holding your hood down. I personally don't like the look of carbon fiber hoods. but hey, for weight savings by all means go for it! you could just get it painted.

Ryan
02-02-2009, 06:44 AM
Yeah.. I dont know. It is a good deal, but I dont know if I should just wait until I find a GT4 hood or alltrac hood...

92VertGT
02-02-2009, 11:48 AM
hood pins are the ghey unless they are actually holding your hood down. I personally don't like the look of carbon fiber hoods. but hey, for weight savings by all means go for it! you could just get it painted.

The look is fine on some cars, it's just unfortunate that it is associated with rice.

If you get it, paint it. That way you can have weight savings without being like AY DAWGZ CHECK OUT MY CARBON FIBERZ HOODZ Y0!!1!!!!!!11!1!!

But I would just go with an AllTrac hood (not the RC)

taibones
02-04-2009, 01:35 AM
there is an importer in ga that i called a few months back and they said that it would cost me about 250 for the gt4 hood their out there you just have to look and call around

VikingJZ
02-06-2009, 04:50 PM
I don't like carbon fiber hoods period.

I think all that obsession with carbon fiber by some people is kind of a ricer thing.

Just putting a carbon fiber hood a near stock 135 HP Celica that you drive daily isn't worth the cost of a carbon fiber hood.

I also just don't like the way they look.

Again, that's just me.

And Ryan, save the cash. Your car looks great as it sits. You've de-riced it for the most part.

Put that money into getting a good muffler welded on to get rid of that retarded fart can. (come on Turner...seriously...lol)

Ryan
02-06-2009, 05:04 PM
I still have the muffler to do, and get all new stock interior pieces.

I wish I didnt have to get new interior pieces. I just dont understand why someone would destroy a MINT awesome looking factory interior...

And the fart can sounds like shit, I know, I just havent gotten around to getting a new muffler.. I will though.. I cant stand that fart rocket.