PDA

View Full Version : Electric is Fast!

Trance4c
02-01-2009, 06:46 AM
You be the judge

Its all about the battries stupid! (http://www.opb.org/programs/ofg/videos/view/56-Electric-Drag-Racing)

Ryan
02-01-2009, 07:07 AM
That is so badass!!!!!!

Anyone want to make a celica electric???

Okctrd
02-01-2009, 07:47 AM
Wow.
that was a pretty nice mr2 there but lost lol

extremeskillz
02-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Ive been following him for quite sometime now and yes the zombie is awesome.

Nedra.com
evworld.com

have articles about him and his car if your interested.

goretro77
02-01-2009, 02:46 PM
I love the idea of an electric car - instant torque the second you want it. The Zombie looks like an awesome project. Its a beautifully setup electric car.

One thing for sure - I am (Sham)Wowed by how much lighter the Datsun got - losing over 700 pounds = AWESOME! Its = approx. 1900 pounds? (Sham)Wow!

Ever since the Tesla concept came out and now its reality, roadracers are curious about electrics.

HERE COMES THE HEAT!:

Roadracers would like to see it perform on a roadcourse in something like endurance racing. I agree its all about the batteries but in roadracing it will also be all about the heat.

I know heat is the enemy with electric cars, dissipating it in endurance type events like road racing would be its next hurdle. I think in drag racing they can get away with the heat issue - now if they can turn the zombie into a roadracer and make it perform in that arena then I will be even more impressed. Most roadracing amateur stints are = 1/2 hour. Can the zombie perform for that long?

Most Elise owners are curious to see the Tesla (electric) roadrace against the Elise. They share the same frame (Tesla modified it to be a bit larger) and it would be great to see the 2 of them face off.

extremeskillz
02-01-2009, 03:06 PM
^Im sure that day will come soon. There isn't many Tesla roadsters out yet. Im surprised motor trend and/or car N driver haven't done it yet!

tuner4life
02-02-2009, 02:14 PM
That is really cool!. If only they could make one that didn't need to be charged so long.