PDA

View Full Version : 3SGE 2.0 questionz

tekstep01
01-30-2009, 07:24 AM
i have a second gen JDM 3sge silver top...fresh off the boat....
i have a first gen usdm computer
can i run avis or whatever with my current t-vis vacuum sensors?
i also made my first gen throttle body mate with the second gens intake will this work?
and where in hell can i get flywheel bolts 12mmX1.25? are these 3sgte type??
lol its fun indeed!

RedRkt01
01-30-2009, 01:12 PM
I know a lot (at this point) about 2nd and 3rd Gen 3SGEs, but that......that I don't know about. Um.....I say hurry your ass up and get the harness and ecu so you don't have to piss around with all the theatrics........just my opinion.

Meph
02-02-2009, 09:13 PM
From what i remember, you need to run the gen 1 intake manifold and tvis if you gonna run the 1st gen ECU, Just try to find a harness or run a management system instead

grayscale
02-02-2009, 09:56 PM
and where in hell can i get flywheel bolts 12mmX1.25? are these 3sgte type??
lol its fun indeed!
www.fastenal.com

MrWOT
02-03-2009, 05:13 AM
If you mean the ACIS? No. The 1G computer will not run it correctly. The TVIS and the ACIS use different open/close strategies.

tekstep01
02-03-2009, 11:31 PM
thanks needed that info..... i ran it using tvis/avis...... oh boy it was a whop.. no can doo due to the low end... it barely ran.....

RedRkt01
02-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Dude.....you ran it using T-V-I-S? Or A-C-I-S? Which one? And with which computer? I can't understand what you're saying with your cutesy writing. I wanna help you, but knock off that BS and write in ENGLISH. And get the acronyms right....T-V-I-S = Toyota Variable Induction System. A-C-I-S = Acoustic Control Induction System. They are different and we don't know what you are talking about when you write:
i ran it using tvis/avis

tekstep01
02-09-2009, 01:58 PM
tvis/avis= Pieced together using tvis partaly, for the actuators and using the avis intake system.

heres it in plain englieesh im quite framiliar with TVIS, And AVIS.....both work on the most basic principle; RISTRICTING AIR FLOW on the lower end of the rpms..

I hooked up the 2nd gen ( ibought a whole motor/partial harness no ecu.... using its whole intake system as it came. (because it looked cooler)
i dont have a second gen computer, so i hooked up the following to my 1st gen comp; fuel injectors, tvis actuators, temp/oil. AND Kept the first gens: MAF sensor, and other basics..... all but the ignition system is complete 1st gen.
now in an attempt to make AVIS work, i hooked up
tvis's actuators, to avis's vacume system and set the vac hoses until it responded enough... (sort of)
it runs but chugs when it comes to low end torque.

Also theres no cold start on the second gen, is that due to the injectors? i must imagine the comp will detect a cold start, and add extra fuel. without the need for an additional (injector, and lead)

The headache free way is to ask "so anyone got a 2nd gen comp for sale? lol? and harness as well?"

Now how can i mod up a couple automatic systems to actuate AVIS so i can map out to my preferences?
and the green box that hooks up to the water connections on the throttle body what is that? i think its a temp. sender for the fuel injection system...

RedRkt01
02-09-2009, 02:02 PM
What does AVIS stand for?.......letter for letter?

The water hoses connect to the ISCV.....which affects your cold start. That may be where your problem lies.