PDA

View Full Version : Is drooling...

Ghosty
01-29-2009, 07:55 PM
...Over a blue WRX wagon in the parking lot. 01-07 version.

Ryan
01-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Pics or it didnt happen. :hehe:

Ghosty
01-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Ok working on it... heh...

Ghosty
01-29-2009, 08:13 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/mschroy/wrxwagon.jpg

Crappy shot -- I know -- but this was taken probably 30-40 yards away with my LG Dare -- 3.2MP with Schneider lens. Was cropped and blown up %150.

Ryan
01-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Needs to be SLAMMED!!

I like that body style a lot though.

tuner4life
01-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Is that rare by you or something?? I think I see at least one of those a day anymore.

Ghosty
01-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Yes. Slammed. And chrome spinners. And 6 LCDs (one for every passenger and the illegitimate children some passengers may carry). And it needs a WRX in there, so you can drive your WRX while you drive your WRX.

But yeah, I love this body style. I'd either choose this or a 2.5RS Coupe. No WRX sedans for me. I reeeally don't like sedans. Hatchy or Coupy only for me. KTHNX.

Side note, I learned to drive stick in one of these. Maybe it was even this one.

Ghosty
01-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Is that rare by you or something?? I think I see at least one of those a day anymore.

A WRX Wagon? They're semi-rare around here. It's probably the first one I've seen in a couple months.

burnyd
01-29-2009, 08:56 PM
yah I see those things like everyday, honestly I like them... When I am play for todays age and old....... I want one!!!!!

geebes
01-30-2009, 02:15 AM
But yeah, I love this body style. I'd either choose this or a 2.5RS Coupe. No WRX sedans for me. I reeeally don't like sedans. Hatchy or Coupy only for me. KTHNX.

Seriously DUDE?!! I want either of those so badly! We have a little too much in common.

Wicked Toys
01-30-2009, 04:11 AM
Even though I like the look of my 04. I'd take my Co-Workers body style anyday.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/2082000-2082999/2082026_40_full.jpg

Murgatroy
01-30-2009, 04:21 AM
I always wanted a Bug Eye Wagon. The wagon is the much more appealing of the styles.

wizzards581
01-30-2009, 05:01 AM
my supervisor drives a silver WRX wagon...

Ghosty
01-30-2009, 05:38 AM
Seriously DUDE?!! I want either of those so badly! We have a little too much in common.

A friend of mine had a 2.5 RS Coupe as his first car. Intake and exhaust. Gorgeous. Lucky bastard.

I'm just not a fan of sedans... of any kind. I never drive with enough people to warrant an extra door and pair of seats. Sure there are exceptions -- Lotus Carlton for example -- But honestly, how often do you drive with 2 others, if you don't have kids or whatever?

I don't need a turbo for daily. AWD is nice when snow happens. Just enough doors and seats. Reliable. Just the right size. Damn practical.

Wagon is nice for moving things... I'll take the two extra doors if it means I can haul more things. The turbo adds points.

That doesn't mean you'll find me in a Forrester. Blaaaand.

hobbie2k
01-30-2009, 04:21 PM
I don't need a turbo for daily. AWD is nice when snow happens. Just enough doors and seats. Reliable. Just the right size. Damn practical.

Wagon is nice for moving things... I'll take the two extra doors if it means I can haul more things. The turbo adds points.

That doesn't mean you'll find me in a Forrester. Blaaaand.

Yeah, it's bland, but it's an excellent car. Sleeper material.

Anyway, I know how you feel. I'm probably going to be moving back to Australia within the next few years (as soon as my wife gets her US citizenship, so we can come back anytime we want), and I've decided (against all the GT4s, WRX STis, Silvias, 180SXs, Skylines, Cimas, Evos, RX-7s, etc.) that I'm going to get a series 2 Nissan Stagea RSFourS. It's a midsize wagon (often referred to as a Skyline wagon, though it's actually based off the Skyline's platform mate, the Laurel) with the Neo version of the RB25DET producing 276hp, has a version of ALTESSA AWD, and a 5spd. But my wife, for some reason I can't fathom (especially since she really likes the Jetta and Passat wagons), has decided it's the ugliest car ever produced and she would rather be seen in a 90s Grand Caravan than that.

Some people just don't appreciate sporty practicality...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2094/2216054374_9fa8d9b57c.jpg http://www.gtart.co.uk/forumimages/rear.jpg

Ghosty
01-31-2009, 12:45 AM
That wagon looks nuts, hobbie!

An RB25DET + ATTESSA + 5spd is overkill for a family wagon... but damn that's gotta be fun to drive. And the uglier the package, the better in my opinion.

But if you're moving to Australia, are you sure you wouldn't want a Caldina GT4 instead? It's got the most powerful street 3SGTE ever produced.

hobbie2k
01-31-2009, 06:01 AM
How much do Caldinas cost? The Series 2 Stageas are running about 15-20k AU$ (about 10-15K US$) for low mileage examples (30-60k mi). Or for about 20-40k AU$ you can get a Stagea 260RS Autech, which features the full Skyline GT-R spec RB26DETT, ATTESA, suspension, tranny, etc.

To be honest, I'm a big Nissan fan and have wanted a Stagea for a long time. The Stagea has more sleeper potential than the more aggresively styled Caldina. It also appears to be slightly larger, and most importantly, the Caldina just doesn't attract my interest the way the Stagea does. Plus, right now I'm only seeing one Caldina GT4 for sale in all of Australia (on carsales.com.au) and it's at 25k AU$...and it's an automatic...

But who knows, maybe my tastes will change by the time I get over there.

Fox 21 Alpha
01-31-2009, 06:07 AM
I used to want an Impreza until everyone and their mother decided to switch from Civics and get one. But one of these days I'm going to pick one up from the late 90s and mod that shit.

Sad thing is everyone knows what a WRX is (Its a kool car that goes really fast!!!), but no one knows what WRC is, or hell I know people who drive a WRX that doesn't know what an Impreza, like, c'mon seriously?

And that'd minivan would probably be the only one I'd ever drive.....