PDA

View Full Version : New Guy, not so new....

MaroonST
01-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Hello, well this is my intro thread.

I just bought a 88 Celica ST yesterday, well I didnt actually buy it but I traded my 95 Buick Riviera for it plus I was paid 400$ on top of that.

I made off pretty good.

Its a Maroon Coupe with 216k miles on it, got the 3sfe 2.0 (im sure you all knew that already lol)

A little about me, I used to own a 90 GTS, and was a member on here for a long time and did alot of posting, I was banned about 4 years ago tho kuz i failed to return a pm about a sale and everyone got all serious on me....

I had a nice run on ctech (About 2-3 years before the ban)

My old celica turned to shit at about 215k miles kuz i ran into a snow bank and broke the front end up and then a plague of brake problems ran it into the ground, I sold it for 200$ to a family member where they blew the engine soon after.

The 88 I plan to semi-restore and make it a little more fun to drive. It doesnt have must for rust (or any that is there should be fixable) the Interior is mint condition Bloody Red color (fugly, but i can live with it) Has a cheap kenwood deck that skips when you hit bumps. The car rides smooth and has been well taken car of by the previous owner......

So look forward to lots of nice pics and threads in the future made by me.....

ooh ya, and this is my winter beater. My summer car is a 1994 Firebird Formula, Ill make a thread for that somewhere in off topic or sumn.....

After I fell in love with my first celica and had to part with it i told myself id have another someday. Then I bought a 98 V6 Firebird and fell in love with that but wanted more power, so I ended up with a 94 Formula on perfect condition from its 65+ yr old original owner. Then I found this celica from a co-worker and decided I needed it to complete my promise to myself (although its no 5th gen)

and thats my story..... :lupi:

extremeskillz
01-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Welcome to the site

MaroonST
01-27-2009, 07:38 PM
^ ahh your car looks like my old GTS, mine was a 91 tho so it had a different front bumper.

MaroonST
01-31-2009, 02:05 AM
where is the warm welcome

MCcelica
01-31-2009, 02:26 AM
I think people are kinda thrown off by the fact that you've been banned from here before. Not only that, but you said something about it. I knew I was a bit thrown off by that the first time I read it. But. The fact that you were honest about it is one of them things that, I personally feel, means we could give you another chance. Just don't get all stupid on us, and it should be cool. Now that that's out of the way, welcome to ctech.

MaroonST
02-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Well i searched for my username to try and find exactly why i was banned but i cannot find it, i guess they delete old usernames.

I was 15-17 yrs old the first time I had a celica, so im guessing that was one of the reasons why I was so stupid. Now ive grown up a fair bit and am back with a 88 that needs some work, im looking to make some great threads and learn more about 4th gens.

Murgatroy
02-02-2009, 12:35 AM
What was your username, I am sure I can tell you why you were banned.

MaroonST
02-02-2009, 12:56 AM
I remember you murgatroy.

Username was changed right before I was banned if I remember correctly.

Origally was 9streetghost0 or white91fury....

the username that was changed to had something to do with red... but i coudlnt figure it out.

I was here in late 04, early 05 and lasted over a year.... I had a build thread made up of all the body work I had done to my 90 GTS

MaroonST
02-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Found it!

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11567

Alloutred90....

username deleted but I still have my sticky thread from back in the day....

Murgatroy
02-02-2009, 01:05 AM
Ah. You. I remember you.

I am pretty sure the reason you were banned came from you selling a part and then never sending it. When you were approached by the administration you claimed to have spent the shipping money and not shipped the part.

That along with attitude problems led to you being banned.

I am not sure what our policy on this matter is, but I know we have rebanned members when they come back with a new name.

If the community has no issues, I don't either. I hope you have matured a bit since you were last here.

What ever happened to your car? I remember you had a lot of time invested in creating it.

a_mounty
02-02-2009, 01:09 AM
welcome...back???

MaroonST
02-02-2009, 01:13 AM
Alot of time spent on that car.

When winter time came that year after finishing it up I was going to buy a beater. but last minute my parents said they woudlnt let me buy it (with my own money)

Needless to say It went into a snow bank and broke the front bumper all up....

then the brakes started plaguing me with issues, I spent 2-300$ on parts and still the brakes would stick.

I gave up on it at that point and decided to sell the rims and try and sell the car for what I could. I managed to talk someone into 125$ to buy it.

Condition wise it was horrible. 225k miles, Ripped leather seats, Stripped interior minus the front cabin area, no front bumper and a jacked up paint job.

then I got a v6 firebird, and now I got a Firebird Formula

david in germany
02-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Here is the deal, you WILL do a search in all of your old sales threads and find the person that you screwed. You WILL make good on the deal that you made.This will be done before you make any further posts here at Ctech. You will NOT ever use the Buying and selling section of this forum. If I EVER see you try to sell or buy something here you WILL be banned again.
Is that clear?

david in germany
02-02-2009, 09:57 AM
By the way you were banned Feb 2006, start looking there.

david in germany
02-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Ok, you did finally make good on the sale BUT IF YOU EVER POST IN B&S AGAIN YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT NOTICE. This was the stipulation that was made to you the first time and your did it anyways.
DO NOT USE THE B&S SECTION OF THIS BOARD

MaroonST
02-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Well atleast I didnt start posting here again without any notice.

I loved the celicatech forums back in the day, I remember alot of your guy's usernames and everything, I was here when alot of new celica stuff was happening and it was sweet.

Sux I come back and I cant get a warmer welcome. W/e I sold or sumn was a matter of 10-15 dollars if I remember, imma try and find the thread and see what I can do.

MaroonST
02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
I searched keywords like "banned", "whyte", "AllOutRed90"

and found nuttin....

any help out there?

Murgatroy
02-02-2009, 04:48 PM
I want to say it was a brake caliper or something.

We did a server move a couple years back and we lost a lot of the older threads.

david in germany
02-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Who deleted my post?

The issue was resolved back then but you were allowed to stay IF you met the conditions you were given, you didn't follow an admins directions and were banned because of it.

Anyways, Maroon, you have my directions in PM. Follow them or you can leave. I am giving you a chance don't waste it.

MaroonST
02-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Well im here and im looking to have some celi-fun like back in the day, except this time with less ricerish parts.

MaroonST
02-02-2009, 11:07 PM
How about you let me buy but not let me sell...

I mean how an i mess up on buying something? Id use paypal or money order.... I have 100% ebay feedback and paypal feedback. Im a couple points from my teal star too.

Shadowlife25
02-02-2009, 11:11 PM
You have a bad track record here.

Do not ask again in this thread or any other about access to the B&S section.

You have been explained what the terms are, accept it.

The decision that was made is not random. It was agreed upon by the entire Mod and Admin staff.

Abide or be banned. Again.

MaroonST
02-02-2009, 11:14 PM
I like how all my posts have been in this thread.

Alrighty well Ill wait my months and see how it goes....

Driving the celica is fun....

Shadowlife25
02-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Please don't smart off.

You aren't being treated badly. You DO have a bad selling history here and you were banned because of a combination of that and your attitude.

You have as of this point been given more benefit of the doubt than anyone else. As we do not usually allow banned members to re-join.

Glad you like your new Celica, and thanks for your understanding.

hyoctane
02-03-2009, 01:31 AM
Glad to see you were honest! I'm sure two [plus] years have more than helped your cause and maturity... Just abide by the rules and enjoy yourself, we're all here by choice and have fun doing so.

Anyhow, welcome back [again]!

Pictures?

MaroonST
02-03-2009, 02:40 AM
illget pics when it gets a bit warmer and i can scrub her.

right now the water freezes once you leave the wash