PDA

View Full Version : Just not meant to be... (Rant)

Grot
01-26-2009, 06:25 AM
So yet again, the engine has blown up in my 86 GTS. This was the Third engine in it. :wtf: It ran great fot 500 miles, then around 550 it wouldnt hold oil pressure well, and started smoking like a sumbitch. at around 600 miles it started knocking like a mother fucker. took it to a shop, it spun rod bearings 3 and 4.

I just cant own a nice fucking car.

So now along with a few other members i am effectively carless and have to find a ride to work and school.

If anyone has a KNOWN running 1st gen 3sge longblock they could part with hit me up with a pm or txt to 8652167154.

If if its cheap i might be able to pay for it outright, or maybe partial trade for something.

Ryan
01-26-2009, 06:34 AM
Man, that sucks. Did you rebuild the engine or just get a used one?

Murgatroy
01-26-2009, 06:45 AM
I believe this was his second rebuild from the same company. The first one was improperly assembled, once the cam issues were sorted, it blew, he then sent it in for the warranty and they sent him a second engine.

I have seen a couple of 4th Gen GT-S for sale on Craigslist, I know it might be more than you want, but you could buy one of those, take what you need and then part out the rest on here. I know between Crisco, KungFUBAR and myself we are in need of quite a few parts.

Grot
01-26-2009, 06:46 AM
i bought a longblock from a company in NC. the first motor was stock, the second one had the cams reversed and fried the head, and this is the explination on the third motor.

yes, there is also a guy localy who has a longblock for sale, just weary cause its been sittin for a few years, and he doesnt have reciepts from anything.

and as of right now, i dont htink buying a parts car is an option. i am in debt 1800 to my parents for this engine that doesnt work as it is.

Ryan
01-26-2009, 06:51 AM
Could it be that the it didnt have the correct torque on the caps or something?

Id say that you might be better off rebuilding it yourself if you can, that way you know it was done right. Plus it would be cheaper.

Grot
01-26-2009, 11:24 AM
now im kinda considering the parts car option if i can get one cheap.

If so who needs what parts?

Im gonna see if its worth my while to purchase the parts car.

mr2trd3
01-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Why couldn't you just go back to the shop and have them pay for another engine?

Also, note to yourself, if you're going to rebuild an engine, go to a different shop.

andy
01-26-2009, 04:02 PM
theres one in our junkyard. looks to be in ok shape. they sell longblocks for 80 bucks.

Grot
01-26-2009, 07:28 PM
they warrentee it? and shipping would cost more than the engine would

85gtsblackman
01-26-2009, 08:11 PM
i hate to say this but i went though similar issues with my stx, i went though about 1 engine a year

sometimes its best to give up and get another car

Grot
01-26-2009, 10:36 PM
ive been considering that too, but i just dont have the money to buy a new car.