PDA

View Full Version : Engine management option

Lonestag
01-25-2009, 11:39 PM
I don't know much about engine management so let me know if this is a retarded idea.

I'm just curious if it would be possible to fab a switch to change from using the stock ECU settings to an engine management system like Emanage while driving.

If you could do this you could switch from using the stock fuel map which would be safer to a leaned out fuel map on the fly.

I could see this being usefull if you wanted to squeez every once of power out of the car by running an agressive tune but also wanted to DD the car without damageing it.

Or would this option cause danger to the manifold?

METDeath
01-26-2009, 04:04 AM
They make Standalones that have two or more fuel/timing maps, that would be a wiser choice.

joe's gt
01-26-2009, 05:53 AM
If you have control over the entire map, I think you can tune for fuel economy dd and power at the same time. Your in closed loop when your daily driving and as soon as you stomp on it I believe an ecu switches to a separate map called open loop for higher load situations. So if an ems has that closed and open loop option, I believe if tuned properly you can have great fuel economy while having a mean ass dd at the same time.

Just what I've read from research tho. No personal experience to speak from.