PDA

View Full Version : Down to the Final Corner

Trance4c
01-21-2009, 03:10 AM
This is possibly the best 2008 F1 review video I have seen yet.

If you haven't heard, it was an unbelievable ending in Brazil. After 18 raced, Ferrari's Felipe Massa seemed to have over come all the odds for an under dog win thanks to the rain. When just at the last moment, the rain was worse and Toyota's Timo Glock tried to stay out on the dry tires the silver arrow of the Lewis Hamilton McLaren made his pass at the entry to the final turn to the finish line.

http://vimeo.com/2486672?pg=embed&sec=2486672

goretro77
01-21-2009, 03:14 AM
Lewis Hamilton wins by 1 point in his second year in F1. Amazing driver.
Ferrari thought they won it but Hamilton spoiled the party!

Lewis Hamilton is a very talented driver. His karting background benefits him so much. This should be an interesting year in F1.

donteatbugs
01-21-2009, 04:29 AM
i was sad that toyota did that to massa, i want him to win the championship in brasil. it was a very good race though.

Trance4c
01-21-2009, 02:09 PM
i was sad that toyota did that to massa, i want him to win the championship in brasil. it was a very good race though.

What did Toyota do to Massa?

goretro77
01-21-2009, 02:30 PM
driving in the rain brings out the better driver and tends to negate vehicle advantages. Hamilton made a clean pass and captured the necessary points to put him 1 point ahead and win the World Championship. It was well-earned and deserved. Massa is very good competition for Hamilton.

donteatbugs
01-22-2009, 12:37 AM
you dont think the toyota driver maybe slowed a little so hamilton could pass and win the championship? the toyota wasnt losing anything either way, he pretty much controlled the outcome of the whole year. he sayed in front of hamilton for long enough in the rain that i believe he could have held him off till the finish if he wanted to. that is the way i see it, i dunno, i wasnt there.

Trance4c
01-22-2009, 01:00 AM
you dont think the toyota driver maybe slowed a little so hamilton could pass and win the championship? the toyota wasnt losing anything either way, he pretty much controlled the outcome of the whole year. he sayed in front of hamilton for long enough in the rain that i believe he could have held him off till the finish if he wanted to. that is the way i see it, i dunno, i wasnt there.

No, cause with all the other teams, Toyota should have pitted for rain tires to begin with, putting Lewis in front where he should have been to begin with. Toyota didn't gift Lewis anything, they simply tried to finish ahead, as everyone does in racing. Unfortunately, it just didn't pay off.. if it did though, wowa! That would have been a season buster, but no, the way it played out was already predetermined.

I would never expect someone with dry tires to stay in front of someone on full wets in a down pour. Glock I think did a great job of possibly upsetting everything, but again as the season had come down to it the chance Toyota took just didn't pay off. If you view the in car footage of Glock, you find as well that he was way off the race line a few corners before and just couldn't keep the car planted to get up to speed down the long fast front straight. Lewis would have caught him either way.

Personally, I wish it was a gamble that paid off for Toyota, but.. it is what it is. Spectacular.

goretro77
01-22-2009, 02:12 AM
I watched Hamilton since he was in karting. He's very gifted. F1 has a very steep learning curve. Last year he only missed being World Champion by 1 point. That very impressive. To come back and win it all in only his 2nd year is a great accomplishment.

Yes, Toyota took a gamble and it almost paid off. In the end, it was a hard fought race and I believe the best driver won.

This coming season should be fun to watch.

donteatbugs
01-22-2009, 02:41 AM
i just watched some replay footage and glock was off the lines a lot...