PDA

View Full Version : What in the world?

Sean
03-14-2005, 05:55 AM
So im just about to buy the Eclipse AVX2494, until i hear some retarded news! Why in the world does this thing not have any preout's?? You cant be serious, for a 2500 dollar deck, to not come with pre-outs just seems retarded to me.

Is this true? Can someone elaborate on this?? And is there anyway around this? Play where are ya man!

Sean
03-14-2005, 06:02 AM
4 people viewing, someone answer my question or everyone viewing this thread WILL be banned.

Blackcloud
03-14-2005, 06:20 AM
hummm.. i tried searching and came up with nothing....:confused:

Blackcloud
03-14-2005, 06:21 AM
4 people viewing, someone answer my question or everyone viewing this thread WILL be banned.

I was searching for ya.. so.. bite me bitch! :hehe:

Sean
03-14-2005, 06:29 AM
Lol

Slider
03-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Eclipse really needs to put more info on their site, they don't even have the specs on there. Kind of shitty for a manufacturer like that.

GT4RC
03-15-2005, 07:07 PM
give us a link to its specs

Sean
03-16-2005, 04:47 AM
Exactly, there are no spec, eclipse just talks about the deck, no real power specs, features list, or anything, its fucked up.

Ive done a lot of reading though, and found out that deck isnt what its cracked up to be.

So i purchased another one :) :) :) :) :) Details later :)

Sean
03-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Ive REALLY heard some bad stuff about the 05 eclipse line up.

There website is the final straw for me! ITs pretty sad when you can find more information about the specs of a deck on ebay, versus there own freaking site. Bastards!

GT4RC
03-17-2005, 08:39 PM
buy an alpine deck, you'll never go back to any other brand.

Blackcloud
03-18-2005, 10:55 AM
buy an alpine deck, you'll never go back to any other brand.

untill you find out they suck and go back to eclipse

GT4RC
03-18-2005, 07:51 PM
haha, lets hear why alpine sucks.

david in germany
03-18-2005, 08:05 PM
haha, lets hear why alpine sucks.
Been happy with my (same) Clarion for the past 6 years... :bigthumbu DRX9375r connected to a DPH9300 Graphic/parametric EQ with crossover, 2 or 4 volt out (switchable)etc etc
http://www.clarion.se/old/98/Bilstereo/CD/DRX7375R.jpeg

http://www.mh.cz/caraudio/clarion/y1998/dph9300.jpg

forgot the changer with digital out CDC635
http://www.carstereomasters.com/images/Cd%20Changers/Clarion%20CDC-635.jpg

GT4RC
03-18-2005, 08:07 PM
clarion has some good product to offer, but go look up an alpine pxa-h501 or 701

Playfortoday
03-19-2005, 01:51 AM
Actually, I just researched it more, and sean is right. We just sold one today. Problem is that the japanese market does not demand RCAs. You are lucky to find a single 8" sub in a vehicle there, so market demands speaker wires. What you need is an Audio Control LC6. It covert the signals to pre-out and does a better job than a head unit can. Extra money and hassle, but the piece is so kick ass.

http://www.audiocontrol.com/MobileAudio/Products/images/LC6_Grey_Photo_over.gif
http://www.audiocontrol.com/MobileAudio/Products/SpecialProcessors/LC6.html
LC6 Review in PDF format (http://www.audiocontrol.com/PDF/ProductLit/MobileAudio/LC6_review.pdf)

All4Traction
03-19-2005, 04:20 AM
The new Eclipse decks have 5v pre-outs even in their entry level deck, u can even get 8v pre-out in there top line. I cant believe the dvd players have no pre-outs, i deal with eclipse at work, ill see if i can find anything out. These decks arent anything flashy because they put all the research into the mechanics of it. I think theyre pretty good decks. They even offer a 1 year theft warranty on top of a 3 year parts/labour warranty.

Sean
03-19-2005, 05:41 AM
I went with the Kenwood.

Ive been talkin to quite a few Eclipse dealers lately, and they all seem to be pretty adimant about the fact that yesterday's decks dominated the new line up. From the research i did at various dealers, it seems that Clarion has really stepped it up, and is manufacturing some top notch equipment!

For the features i wanted, and the in dash touch screen, as well as the 20 gig HD, Kenwood was the only company to offer everything i wanted. My new DVD player should be here in a week or so, ill keep you guys updated.

Sean
03-19-2005, 05:42 AM
Also, I've heard that sound quality is adversely effected by running a converter of that style, and is very noticable. Ive spent A LOT of money on my system, and by no means did i want to purchase a mediocre deck.

Playfortoday
03-19-2005, 06:12 AM
The new Eclipse decks have 5v pre-outs even in their entry level deck, u can even get 8v pre-out in there top line. I cant believe the dvd players have no pre-outs, i deal with eclipse at work, ill see if i can find anything out. These decks arent anything flashy because they put all the research into the mechanics of it. I think theyre pretty good decks. They even offer a 1 year theft warranty on top of a 3 year parts/labour warranty.

Dude, I own a shop and until last year I was the number one Eclipse dealer in the midwest. Everyone here knows my boner for Eclipse and are probably sick of hearing it. I have spewed all this information to everyone here and on cnet for almost five years. It doesn't matter to most. It is about the almighty dollar and ebay.

I am positive there are no pre-outs on the above mentioned unit. I just sold and installed one. Read my explanation why above.

As for the eclipse av unit compared to kenwood, eclipse is VGA and has about 1152000 pixels vs kenwood at 250000. No comparison. The thing looks like fricking plasma.

As for sean commenting on the converter. It is not noticable at all, period. We are talking a pure source, not amplifying an inferior source. Again, I set one up with an LC6, and it was completely unnoticable. Pure and clean. Compared to the eclipse, you did get a mediocre unit. Compared to the rest of the market, it is decent.

This unit is not $2500. The price is around $1900. Eclipse dropped their prices on all their product line to realistically compete with the rest of the market.

Playfortoday
03-19-2005, 06:19 AM
PS. I quoted you like 1550 or something. ;)

All4Traction
03-21-2005, 01:38 AM
I have compared the topline brand new clarion cd player (755) with last years lower end eclipse (3414). The eclipse blows the high end clarion away. Sure the clarion may look better to some people, but performance wise, the Eclipse kills.

Playfortoday
03-21-2005, 02:30 PM
Been playing with the new 2005's. Very cool. Eclipse brought in the bling with 5 color illumination settings on the CD5435 and up.

Edit: Which is either :bigthumbu or :ugh: depending on how you look at it.

Blackcloud
03-22-2005, 09:18 AM
I still want to trade my 5442 for a 5445 :wiggle:

Sean
03-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Dude, I own a shop and until last year I was the number one Eclipse dealer in the midwest. Everyone here knows my boner for Eclipse and are probably sick of hearing it. I have spewed all this information to everyone here and on cnet for almost five years. It doesn't matter to most. It is about the almighty dollar and ebay.

I am positive there are no pre-outs on the above mentioned unit. I just sold and installed one. Read my explanation why above.

As for the eclipse av unit compared to kenwood, eclipse is VGA and has about 1152000 pixels vs kenwood at 250000. No comparison. The thing looks like fricking plasma.

As for sean commenting on the converter. It is not noticable at all, period. We are talking a pure source, not amplifying an inferior source. Again, I set one up with an LC6, and it was completely unnoticable. Pure and clean. Compared to the eclipse, you did get a mediocre unit. Compared to the rest of the market, it is decent.

This unit is not $2500. The price is around $1900. Eclipse dropped their prices on all their product line to realistically compete with the rest of the market.
1152000 336960

First off, seems useless to argue with you over HU when it comes to eclipse's. They do seem like fabulous decks, but from my research, they're A LOT of dealers who are stocking the 05's, and are really unsatisfied with there performance. Google search AVX2494, and you will see what im saying.

You were off on the Kenwood's pixel count btw, 336960 pixels. Yes, not as much as the Eclipse, but more then the Alpine. I have not read a bad thing about the Kenwood, and the features list cannot be touched upon by other similiar decks. The 20gig music keg seems to be a flawless link for transferring my entire music HD from the CPU, to correspond with my car. How perfect is that?

Ive never owned a Kenwood before, but Im rather excited to hear this thing!

Oh yeah, the LC6 converter is taking a signal from a speaker source. Receiving from a speaker output on the deck is not going to be the same signal as a preamp, just wont happen. What happens when you amplify a big picture? Well, you begin to see its imperfections, or in this case, hear. From all of the installers ive talked to, they seem to really gripe about the level of sound quality the LC6 provides.

Im into my stereo DEEP, i dont want to settle. I want to perform. And yes, that was an astonishing price you offered :) If the thing had some preouts, I would've been all over it.

MoralWarfare
03-22-2005, 10:17 PM
there are so many STUPID features on decks today that rope people in. You don't need that much shit in a deck. Af ew key features, that's it.

point being...none!

Sean
03-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Please elaborate on useless, stupid features?

MoralWarfare
03-23-2005, 04:41 AM
like, YOUR FACE.

what model is the kenwood?

Sean
03-23-2005, 04:47 AM
haha

DDX 7015
GENERAL FEATURES
- Clock
- Double-DIN Size In-Dash Mounting
- Finish: Silver/Ebony
- Iso-Mount Capability for Japanese Vehicles
- Programmable Security Code System
- Touchscreen Control with New Graphic User Interface
- Touch-Tone Buttons: Defeatable

AUDIO FEATURES
- A.M.S. Amplifier Control Interface: with Compatible Amplifier
- Attenuator with Smooth Volume Return: -20dB
- Audio/Video Inputs: 1
- Audio/Video Outputs: 1
- Digital Output
- DSP (Digital Signal Processing): when Used with Optional KDS-P901 Digital Processor
- DSP Vehicle Cabin Size Adjustment and Digital Time Alignment: when Used with Optional KDS-P901 Digital Processor
- Dual-Zone Control
- Electronic Audio Control (Volume, Balance, Fader)
- Front/Rear Fader
- High Voltage Preamp Output: when Used with Optional KDS-P901 Digital Processor
- Loudness Control
- Low Output Impedance (80 Ohms)
- Preouts: Front, Rear, Non-Fading (Gold-Plated)
- Source Tone Memory
- System E's + Advanced Crossover System
- System Q EX Sound Control: with User Memory
- Telephone Mute: 2-Way
- Tone Controls: Bass, Midrange, Treble

DISC PLAYER FEATURES
- Audible Fast-Forward/Fast-Reverse
- CD Text: 12 Characters
- Changer Control
- Digital Anti-Skip: 3 Seconds (DVD only)
- Digital Filter: 8-Times Oversampling
- Digital Optimum Servo Control
- Digital to Analog Converter: 24-Bit Resolution
- Intro Scan: Track
- Kenwood-Designed Superior Disc Transport
- Play/Pause
- Plays DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, VCD, CD, CD-R/RW and MP3/WMA-Encoded CD-R/RW Discs
- Precision Digital Timing (DPAC)
- Random, Repeat, Search: Track

TUNER FEATURES
- Automatic and Manual Tuning
- Automatic Memory Entry
- Direct Access Tuning
- HD Radio Ready
- High-Speed Multipath Control (CRSC) with ANRC
- Kenwood CR-2 Advanced Tuner
- Preset Seek Tuning
- Radio Data System (RDS)
- SIRIUS Satellite Ready