PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Leak / cold start injector?

jjazmin
01-12-2009, 03:35 AM
so i tried starting my car up the other day ( 92 gts ), then it wouldnt start for some reason. tried a couple times then i heard it click then die..then i noticed smoke coming out from under the hood..i checked n it was coming out somewhere by my intake manifold..then i started to smell fuel. my friend was near me and pointed out that my fuel was leaking out..i tried to see where it was coming from and it looked like it was pouring out under my manifold near the battery...so i opened up the manifold n saw that my filter was drenched in fuel n it was just leaking through the intake hose..i asked a bunch of people about it and they all mentioned to check the cold start injector..any ideas on whats going on?..and where will this be located at...thanks guys! sorry if this was in the wrong thread

jjazmin
01-12-2009, 06:19 PM
anyone?

Freshnicity
01-12-2009, 06:48 PM
check to see if its mounted on the front of your intake manifold.

its a little connector looking thing if im not mistaken

RIalltrac
01-12-2009, 07:04 PM
not sure on your trim, but in the alltrac its mounted on the throttle body....

jjazmin
01-12-2009, 10:46 PM
update: so i took everything apart n decided to check my starter..i was thinking there was a problem with it and sure enough it wasn't working correctly..went out and got a new one and put it on..put everything back together and decided to try to start it..once again it would start for a split second n stop..asked my dad about what to do and he said maybe the valves are being compressed..so i took out my spark plugs and left the valves open n decided to try again..this time when i started it i noticed that one of the valves was shooting out wayyy too much fuel..not sure what to do now..any help guys?

polish dude
01-12-2009, 11:24 PM
i want to help you but i think you're misnaming some of the things. i dont thing there is a way for the air filter to be soaked with gas.

i'd start with jumping the fuel pump. (make sure you have gas in the tank)
once it's running look for leaks.

if that doesn't work: leave the air intake stuff off and try starting it (have some one else turn the key so you can observe.

that's as far as i can go with out anymore info.

also. as alway when dealing with fuel have a fire extinguisher handy just in case.

Scoobydaz
01-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Gets complicated now, presume u mean one cylinder when open was pushing out more fuel then the rest through the spark plug hole. If this is happening u have a fuel injector not pulsing.It must be stuck in the open position.This will prob be a ecu problem. This shouldnt stop ur engine starting!