PDA

View Full Version : 25k mr2?

Ricksta
01-10-2009, 06:00 PM
i think not. this dood claims to have spent over 25k on this mr2. i wrote what i thought about it and they deleted it. its supposively "built", in his words anyways. stock ecu, polished fuel rail (adds 50hp!), stock intake mani. the whole motor is stock with the exception of the bottom end, which btw if it ever did have some decent hp it would go Kaboom since he has a stock oil pump on there. so are you willing to spend 15k on a maybe 300hp mr2?!?! i sure aint. where the hell did he spend 25k?

http://www.mr2.com/forums/mk-2-cars/Toyota-MR2-37005-91-mr2-turbo-built.html

burnyd
01-10-2009, 06:09 PM
that is a rediculously nice car... hell prolly get around 10k for it but its 30r powered... with the paint and all I can see around 25k invested.

Trance4c
01-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Could have..

Thats some major custom clean body work. Nice paint.

Serious engine work, stroker, lots of head work. MCS is high $ if you ask me, but you get what you pay for from them!

There could easily be 20K in that car right there. I find it hard for it to be over that or at 25K though, no major turbo setup. If there was a TD06 or something in it, maybe its spent enough time on the dyno to rack up the bill, but others no, I don't think so either.

Ricksta
01-10-2009, 06:15 PM
i can get that paint job for 200 bucks man. i guess its great havin an uncle as a painter. i just dont see 25k there! he doesnt even have standalone! atleast from what i can see

Trance4c
01-10-2009, 06:16 PM
that is a rediculously nice car... hell prolly get around 10k for it but its 30r powered... with the paint and all I can see around 25k invested.

Where was it listed on the turbo? I must have missed it, all I read was about 'the near 300hp' remark. I figured it must be on a smaller turbo.

Ricksta
01-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Could have..

Thats some major custom clean body work. Nice paint.

Serious engine work, stroker, lots of head work. MCS is high $ if you ask me, but you get what you pay for from them!

There could easily be 20K in that car right there. I find it hard for it to be over that or at 25K though, no major turbo setup. If there was a TD06 or something in it, maybe its spent enough time on the dyno to rack up the bill, but others no, I don't think so either.

if he had dyno time he'd have dyno charts!

Trance4c
01-10-2009, 06:17 PM
he doesnt even have standalone! atleast from what i can see

Ya, I know.. thats why I doubt it. If he just forked out $ on it, paid other people to do it all then like I said, he might have 20 in it.. at the most. I really doubt it.

Trance4c
01-10-2009, 06:18 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/opieman/DSC04789.jpg

Wow, the kink in that blue upper radiator hose is scary!

Ryan
01-10-2009, 06:34 PM
He replaced that hose..

He put some major money into the car, and that paint job would cost more than $200 ricky.

Like Dan said, he could probably get a little over $10k for it...

The sad part about modifying a car is that you never get out of it what you put into it..

burnyd
01-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Where was it listed on the turbo? I must have missed it, all I read was about 'the near 300hp' remark. I figured it must be on a smaller turbo.

The Motor build is an MCS Gen3 2.2 Stroker.

3S block, torque plate bored, honed, deglazed, vatted, cleaned, painted, assembled
5S crank machined for 3S rod sizes, balanced with rotating assembly, micropolished
King Engine Bearings & Thrust Washers
CP 86.5MM forged pistons, 9.0:1 compression, .020 over bore
Eagle H-Beam Rods
ARP Headstuds
New OEM seals, gaskets, oil strainers, rear seal retainer
Cometic MLS Headgasket
OEM Oil Pump
Water Pump
Timing Belt, & tensioner

MCS GEN III STAGE III Superflow head:

Stage III P&P
Ferrea 1mm OS valves
HKS 264 cams
Fidanza Cam Gears
Engle valvesprings

SPEC Stage II Clutch

Berktech GT3076R Ball bearing Turbo kit for Gen3 MR2.

he did everything but fuel.... that car would be worth picking up for around 10-11k if he went down that low..... and if someone picked up a standalone and fuel that car would put down over 400whp + with all of those supporting mods prolly reliably too and with the .2 + more it would prolly have a decent amount of torque curve to it.

balang_479
01-10-2009, 10:56 PM
I would expect real Works though for that money!..

ciento44
01-11-2009, 12:41 AM
Easily 25k. No questions asked.

goretro77
01-11-2009, 01:46 AM
looks like he's asking $14k for it.

Ricksta
01-11-2009, 01:55 AM
looks like he's asking $14k for it.

he said he spent over 25 on it. i just dont see it with the lack of performance parts.

T-spoon
01-11-2009, 01:58 AM
he said he spent over 25 on it. i just dont see it with the lack of performance parts.
Why exactly do you care at all? Is it some kind of competition to see who spent more? I mean, granted it's harder when the other guy has a car that's actually together and runs, but seriously, what is the point of this thread?

BTW, I've seen the results of friend/family hookups on things like paintjobs. THey don't always look so awesome a few years later...

Sang
01-11-2009, 02:01 AM
We built Brandon B's engine and got the 3076 kit for him. I can guarantee you that he did not spare very many expenses with his car...

He ordered a new radiator hose from the dealership. Those pictures were taken at least a couple months ago. The blue hose is crappy, but as long as it allows the flow of coolant between the neck and the overflow tank, it'll get him by.

And his ad states that he has 25K into the car...where does it say that he has 25K in the engine alone? Or that it had to be performance related? He replaced many OEM parts during the build process.

The engine setup is capable of 350whp on race gas, 400+whp with supplement injection on stock ecu.

edit: The above comments may seem discontinuous...because they are. I was too lazy to quote the various statements i was responding too.

3SmeCaptain
01-12-2009, 06:25 AM
i'm not really wanting to get into the debate going on here but...

spec stage 2 clutch?

isn't that a bit weak for this setup?

tekstep01
01-12-2009, 09:20 AM
*snorts at a 25k build and thinks about all the money wasted on "real parts"
then ponders his 200 dollar swap bill...