PDA

View Full Version : automatic transmission additives?

skreem
03-13-2005, 07:05 AM
i have a small leak in my auto transmission but i dont have the money to fix it atm. i called the local aamco place and they advised against it which i knew they would but then told me that the additives can damage my transmission and make it worse. i was wondering if there was any truth to that because all i really need is a temporary fix for the time being.

Mike431635
03-13-2005, 05:55 PM
I have no idea but when you get your tranny fixed do not take it to Aamco, they will rip you off ($2000+ and not even give you your old parts back so you can know what they even did). Find another transmission shop in your area and investigate their reputation.

skreem
03-13-2005, 10:19 PM
I have no idea but when you get your tranny fixed do not take it to Aamco, they will rip you off ($2000+ and not even give you your old parts back so you can know what they even did). Find another transmission shop in your area and investigate their reputation.

yeah im finding out alot of the major chains try and do that the most. aamco, jiffy lube, maaco, etc... i think im gonna try the addtitives i dont think it will harm the tranny and if it doesnt work i'll only be down about $5.

Punisher
03-13-2005, 11:10 PM
The best additive is called, Manual Tranny Swap.. :)

gen5
03-14-2005, 01:44 AM
Try Lucas Transmission stuff. It's at al the major auto parts stores in a big white bottle with red and blue writing on it. They seem to make pretty good stuff. I use use their oil additive in my wifes vehicle.