PDA

View Full Version : Makes me sad

turbo90st
01-04-2009, 08:25 AM
So I went to help out a friend at his house and he was parked kinda in the way of where i needed to park so i parked kinda crooked. Well I get done 1 and a half hours later and walk out and my poor celi is gone, I was in kind of a bad neighborhood so I thought maybe it got stolen but no I find out 20 minutes later that it was towed which was kind of a relief but then they said they wanted $300 to get it out and the price goes up by $50 for each extra day it's there. So they might just have to keep my car since I don't have the cash to get it and everyone I know is broke because it was just christmas. I just needed to vent and let ya'll know whats up.

Freshnicity
01-04-2009, 09:08 AM
that SUCKS

im really sorry to hear that.

Hope you get it back, theres got to be someone who can loan you the money to get it out. That just sucks man, sorry for real.

92VertGT
01-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Damn man that's terrible. Hope things get better for you.

Carolina91GT-S
01-04-2009, 03:44 PM
I can sympathize with you, it sucks. When I lived just north of Boston that happened to people all the time. Happened to me once once too. Cost me $475 total since it took me 3 days to find out who had towed it. The strange thing about it was that I had not been ticketed. The towing companies there have the authority to tow people when they feel like it should happen. Police involvement is not required.

Where did this happen?

cazlee
01-04-2009, 04:39 PM
If you don't feel like you were parked illegally, you could google the predatory towing statutes of your state and also your municipalities parking code. That happened to me once in a non-HOA controlled, non-gated residential area, no "no parking" signs, no "tow away zone" signs, and I wasn't blocking the sidewalk. Was helping a friend move a couple years ago and was helping him put some stuff away inside. Came out 45 minutes later and my car was gone.

Best of luck getting your car out. I was lucky when that noise happened to me. It had been raining so I was able to prove to the cops I wasn't parked illegally by the tire marks in the mud. The only reason I throw this out there is alot of people just aren't aware that in some situations, there are statutes that protect you.

turbo90st
01-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Thanks guys, I'm going down on monday (they are closed today) and I'm gonna talk to them and see what I can do.

It was at my friends apartment complex apparently it was because I was in a stall that was for the neighbor and somehow I managed to leave the ass hanging out a little which unknown to me was right over a fire line so whatever, My friend said he partally feels at fault so he is gonna help pay for it.

Fox 21 Alpha
01-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Watch gone in 60 seconds and bust it out the same way. F that fine, thats bs.

GT4SOM
01-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Damn that sucks. My car has never been towed but I have definitely have heard about Towing companies just towing people, especially in parts of town here near the beach and down town.