PDA

View Full Version : timing advancement/ throttle bodies

99celiGT
01-03-2009, 09:04 AM
2 part discussion

alright, here's whats bothering me, i have a 99 celica GT and i wanna advance the timing BUT when i went to do so the distributor only has one setting and doesnt allow for adjusting, now is that because the computer controls the timing and even if i did adjust the timing the computer would read that and set it back to factory.....so is there a way to advance the timing on my celi, cuz to me it doesnt seem like i can unless i get a different distributor....and how much of a difference does advancing my timing do to my car in terms of hp gain

2nd, is there any throttle bodies made for this car that will increase my performance or spacers????

HELP ME PLZZZZZZZ, i lost to a 94 integra with 4-2-1 header, CAI, and his timing advance by half a car, when i use to beat him by a full car length prior to the headers and timing....so i want pay back

92VertGT
01-03-2009, 09:57 AM
i lost to a 94 integra with headers CAI and his timing advance by half a car, when i use to beat him by a full car length prior to the headers and timing....so i want pay back

Integra's have 2 exhaust manifolds now? WTF? Since when?

Sorry couldn't help it. :D

Celica_Man
01-04-2009, 02:17 AM
You can only advance the timing on 94-95 5sfe only, just speaking for the 6th gens I mean. Read the NA tuning section if you want more tips for NA performance on a 5sfe.