PDA

View Full Version : check engine light

redwolf
12-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Disassembled throttle body, thoroughly cleaned and made sure all passages were clear, installed new vacuum lines and water hoses, new gaskets. Now my 5s acts like its not getting any fuel. Motor cranks, has spark and will fire off with a little engine start spray but wont run. Fuel pump runs, can hear that, fuel reg has vacuum. Idle air control valve may be suspect but wanted other opinions as this part is 185$. HELP!

MCcelica
12-29-2008, 03:59 AM
Once it starts up with the throttle goose you give it to start. Will it stay running if you stay on the gas? Next time keep your foot on the gas for 30-60 seconds. If it stays running but idles low, it could be the IAC valve. If it continues to die after that, look elsewhere. If it is the IAC valve, try and snag one from a junk yard first before blowing near 200 bones on one.

CriScO
12-29-2008, 06:12 AM
I'm banking on the TPS adjustment.

MCcelica
12-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Me too. I'm just offering a way to tell. :D

redwolf
12-30-2008, 03:57 AM
Thanx for the info. Put a meter on the IAC tonite and the BGB says that it should have between 19 and 22 ohms resistance, mine has none. But what Im wondering is would this keep the ecm from telling any fuel to flow to the injectors? Hate to spend the bucks and still be at the same place. Had to drive the wifes Eclipse today. Miss my ride!