PDA

View Full Version : Any Good Prducts for The Exhaust System on an 5-SFE Recommandations?

WhiteCelicaGT90Project
12-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Got anything good thats not freakin load but performance wise will do good. My stock finally crashed and now i need a new one. :ohyeah:

RedRkt01
12-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Are you talking about a cat-back exhaust? What part of your system is finally done?

RedRkt01
12-29-2008, 10:24 PM
You could always get the HKS sport exhaust system. That's a proven winner.

celica9303
12-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Custom 2.25 piping, 98+ camry header and magnaflow muffler. Can't go wrong. Nuff said

WhiteCelicaGT90Project
01-04-2009, 05:32 AM
yeah, the whole system from headers to muffler. Cataylatic coverter and everything. Everytime i try looking one up for the 5-SFE all i get is the pacesetter product. I don't exactly want a description that says pacesetter or a brand that allows something called the pacesetter. Where's the power in that? Anyways, I'll look into the HKS exhaust system!

93bottlefedGT-S
01-04-2009, 06:15 AM
yeah the idea of a camry header and 2.25" piping is a good one! but i prefer a apexi n1 muffler!

but im bout to be running a ebay header-2.25" piping-the apexi n1 muffler! sounds amazing i might add... real deep and not annoying!

WhiteCelicaGT90Project
01-05-2009, 12:30 AM
yeah the idea of a camry header and 2.25" piping is a good one! but i prefer a apexi n1 muffler!

but im bout to be running a ebay header-2.25" piping-the apexi n1 muffler! sounds amazing i might add... real deep and not annoying!

Your going to be selling one on ebay?:ohnoes:

Lonestag
01-05-2009, 06:34 AM
They sell a generic header a lot on ebay, its proven to be at least decent, at least four or five of us running them.

nuclearhappines
01-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Remus makes very reasonably sounding 'street' products, they usually use piping that is 2" to 2.25" depending on the application.

But power wise you could probably make more with something custom (with a louder racier muffler).

I'd do a camry header with 2.5" midpipe to a high flow (around 200cells) undercar 2.5" cat, then cone down to a 2.25" pipe all the way to a JIC magic titanium muffler (very deep and burbly sounding rather the raspiness and boominess of some other straight through mufflers).

Galcobar
01-06-2009, 02:20 AM
Make sure to include a resonator in that setup if you want to avoid the buzzy tone so common in badly done Civics. And please note, a resonator and a round straight-through muffler are NOT the same thing. The easiest way to go about it is to use a catalytic converter with a resonated core -- which Car Sound (MagnaFlow's parent company) happens to make in the right sizes for our engine.

92VertGT
01-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Make sure to include a resonator in that setup if you want to avoid the buzzy tone so common in badly done Civics. And please note, a resonator and a round straight-through muffler are NOT the same thing. The easiest way to go about it is to use a catalytic converter with a resonated core -- which Car Sound (MagnaFlow's parent company) happens to make in the right sizes for our engine.

Which specific one am I looking for? I'm on their website now....can you provide a link?

I want to do my exhaust up right and nothing pisses me off more than ricey sounding exhausts.

WhiteCelicaGT90Project
01-08-2009, 05:18 AM
Which specific one am I looking for? I'm on their website now....can you provide a link?

I want to do my exhaust up right and nothing pisses me off more than ricey sounding exhausts.

I'm there with you on that one bud. I can't stand the ricey sound too. It gives me a freakin head ach. :lolhittin

WhiteCelicaGT90Project
01-08-2009, 05:19 AM
p.s if you can provide links and spec's by any chance that would really help.

Toyota_JDM
01-16-2009, 05:21 PM
you drive a 1990 celica gt right? i have the same car. it's tough finding any aftermarket parts.
You could always get the HKS sport exhaust system. That's a proven winner. ive looked into that before and im sure the only application they sell that for (or any HKS exh. sys.) is the all trac. i thought products for the all trac (st185) would bolt up to a gt/gts (st184). however, they dont (so i was told). although, if you do know of an hks system that works on the GT please let me know! if you cant find anything, your best option is custom 2.25 piping, and since your whole system failed...get a manifold and do a manifold back without cat. thatll be nice.

Kastigir
01-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Tanabe, if you can find an application to fit.

grayscale
01-17-2009, 02:10 AM
Bang for the buck? Here ya go-
1-ebay header
2-ebay Vibrant resonator
3-ebay muffler of your choosing
4-local shop that does good work will fill in the blanks
And you're off to the races!

Galcobar
01-17-2009, 02:17 AM
Magnaflow 94404 (21; 15.5 resonated core)
Best price I've found for it -- and most MagnaFlow products -- is via justmagnaflow.com