PDA

View Full Version : NEW USER - CptActnMan

CptActnMan
12-20-2008, 11:43 PM
hello everyone...

i though i'd take this time to introduce myself.

name = Justin
Ride = 88' AllTrac / 99' Camery
Job = 1) Network Engineer / CEO - New United Tech
2) online vinyl sticker biz. i will leave this name out, as there are sponsors
3) Illuminated Decals design and production - TheGloWorks.com
4) online electrical connector sales - all leaving this name out for sponsors, but it will have all the connectors for basically all cars

about me = i was a mechanic at one time, i have excellent mechanical and electrical skills. i can do just about anything with computers, server and server infrastructure have been most profitable for me. i have been making stickers and selling them online for about 2 years, i do a lot of full car / truck custom work for my Desert Racer buddies (trucks, 1400 and 1450 classes). i have extensive electronics background, design and troubleshooting.

Im currently working on 2 personal car projects, my AllTrac and an all electric powered car based on the Prius hybrid technology (minus the IEC). My AllTrac is totally DOUCHE BAGGED at the moment, i didn't do any of this work to it, and i got it for real cheap, but ... it is the one with Honda Civic headlights and Supra tail lights. both i am going to fix back to stock. it has a 1993 engine / trans swap currently, but its running on 165 electronics (dumb). Currently the motor and trans are outa the car and being re-built / re-sealed, and i am building a custom all brand new 165 -> 185 -> 205 engine harness (will get its own thread soon). Everything i have taken apart on this car has been f**ked up somehow. who ever worked on this car before me should be dragged out in to the street and shot! I mean stupid things, IE spray painted black over chrome wheels, masking tape to seal electrical connections, 16g speaker wire to power headlights, i can go on and on.

AllTrack projects :
motor and trans / wire harness
wheel bearings (4) <- all bad
poly bushings all around <- most of them are bad
custom steering linkage <- bad, will have thread
full cage, engine cabin, full body skid plate <- goal (http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50301)
4x 9" HID for front tubular bumper
ST205 hood vent
6 point harness driver & passenger
Steering doubler
possibly tubular A-Arms and adjustable Hiem front and rear linkages
possibly full all around Fox coil-over fully adjustable suspension fabrication

i have a brother, he is a dealer mechanic (everyone should have one of these). he is mostly useless, but i get dealer parts of %50 off AND they have been pretty good about getting me really hard to get parts from Japan.

plans for the AllTrac = I have been thinking i want to try some short coarse desert racing see CORR on speedvision. we have 5 or 6 tracks here in SoCal its VERY popular here. i have some Rally friends that have taken they're STI's on this type of coarse and they did very well. click here (http://www.spike.com/video/ken-blocks-171-foot/2824919) <- this is insane, but its 5 mins from my shop. jumps like this are not typical. they have also taken the STI's to Glamis click here (http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=glamis&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#q=glamis%20sti&emb=0)

these are the a-holes i hang out with and provide pit support to on the weekends .... click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p90vb2sZf4g)

ciento44
12-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Welcome!

Now....

PICS OF THE DISGUSTING LIGHTS ON THE ALLTRAC! PLEASE?!?!?

extremeskillz
12-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Welcome aboard and yes, pics would be nice. Also I see your in IT or have some background in it. There are several of us here in the same field so you span many interests here. Feel at home.

ciento44
12-21-2008, 12:10 AM
Oh wait.... the alltrac is in his vbgarage.

That's AWESOME.

CptActnMan
12-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Welcome aboard and yes, pics would be nice. Also I see your in IT or have some background in it. There are several of us here in the same field so you span many interests here. Feel at home.

10 years, and i now have my own IT consulting company, mostly small business Windows Server / Exchange Server management and implementation. with a side of disaster recovery. i play in VB.net asp.net as well, a little but not very well. and i think i have mastered most of ZenCart shopping cart i get this bad boy running and taking orders in < 1 day.

CptActnMan
12-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Welcome!

Now....

PICS OF THE DISGUSTING LIGHTS ON THE ALLTRAC! PLEASE?!?!?

at first the headlights are kinda ok, but then you see it for real and , no. the supra part i "might" keep, im gonna try the stock lenses and see, the euro ones are to wana-rice for me. i may be force to keep them the extent of the damage to the stock sheet metal is pretty extensive and may be a lost cause.

Mister2T
12-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Hey welcome to teh site, there is alot of info here and im sure you will enjoy your stay.