PDA

View Full Version : Replacement rear end links

airman0404
12-18-2008, 11:34 AM
I just have to say, this site is great. I look at it daily to help me with any issue my celica gives me. All the repair write-up are informitive. Well, I bought new kyb gr-2 struts, new springs, insulators, and mounts, but then I found a couple threads on strut replacement. Many of you recommend just changing the rear end links because they'll most likely have to be cut off. Well, does any recommend any certain end links? This is my daily driver and I'm keeping everything stock, so lowering or racing. I'm basicly looking for a quality part. If you can include links to any part you recommend, thanks.

Galcobar
12-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Toyota end links are good quality (surprise). You can either source them from your dealer, or try one of the parts guys on this board, or order from 1sttoyotaparts.com

Hiko
12-18-2008, 11:01 PM
I recommend Twos R us endlinks (http://www.twosrus.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_79&products_id=254). The site says they are for the st185, but they fit the st184 as well. Better quality that doesn't use the stupid allen keys and adjustability for the same price as OEM (from 1sttoyotaparts, endlinks are $44 shipped each).

theorhetoric
12-19-2008, 12:54 PM
anyone think these will fit a 4th gen?

mar_phi6
12-19-2008, 01:02 PM
would this fit the st's

airman0404
12-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the advise

ccsouls
12-19-2008, 03:08 PM
I have the TwosRus endlinks on my ST184 and they work great.

They are a little more than OEM, but like Hiko said they are a better quality piece and easier to service than factory.

FYI

Hiko
12-19-2008, 06:36 PM
anyone think these will fit a 4th gen?

I doubt it, but can't say for sure. You might want to ask TwosRUs directly.

would this fit the st's

I was under the impression st's didn't have sway bars. But if they do, they should work (no reason that setup would be any different than the st184).

They are a little more than OEM, but like Hiko said they are a better quality piece and easier to service than factory.

When I bought an OEM endlink at a dealership after I hacksawed my old one off, they charged $60 for one. So if you do choose to go OEM, use 1sttoyota for your own sake.