PDA

View Full Version : My MINI :)

david in germany
11-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Finally got my VIN today! :woot: this means I can get all the financing done. Walked into the bank and applied (for the remaining 10k) and within 5 minutes I was approved!
It will be built in 2 weeks and delivered in about 4. :wiggle:
This will be my 2nd new car but the 1st one built to my specifications. Man am I excited!
:woot2:

METDeath
11-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Wow, they build them per order? That's nifty!

david in germany
11-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Yes all MINIs are built to order. Even the demo cars were ordered by the dealer. alot of them that you find at a dealer sold as new were a customer order that they couldn't get financed or the buyer backed out after delivery.
If Toyota had not stoped production of the Celica I would probably have a new one comming instead of the MINI

METDeath
11-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Ah, interesting, I always thought that was how car buying should be, not you buy car with factory option group A, B, or C and then any additional options we'll install here at the dealership, and include labor rates on top of the pricing.

When I first went to a dealership to price out a new car, turns out that's what they do, so the Honda Fit I was looking at, would have cost me $20,000 when MSRP on the 09's with all the options I want is less than that.

david in germany
11-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Check out miniusa.com
you can build the car and see the price. :)