PDA

View Full Version : Twister instead of Katalysator

gerby77
11-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Does somebode have experience with a twister?
want to know if it is true what they say 4 - 26% more power (i don't believe them) and nicer sound

Maybe some soundfiles

gerby77
11-20-2008, 10:50 AM
for those who don't know what a twister is:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_E7gvrq2cYEg/SSRFGBhMkMI/AAAAAAAAFEI/4EUr_axb3kg/s400/TWISTER%20FLENS%20TWISTER%20HONDA.jpg

METDeath
11-20-2008, 01:14 PM
I say it's probably a gimmick, unless they have dyno charts to prove that it works, but the amount of power they talk about it making is acceptable as a "normal" variation of power when doing a dyno pull. I think the only way to see if it really works is to test it on a 400+ hp car, that way you'll see 40-80 hp gains, which would prove it works.

Also, we call a Katalysator a catalytic converter, or simply a cat. Yes, a cat, like the house pet.

gerby77
11-20-2008, 01:27 PM
I say it's probably a gimmick, unless they have dyno charts to prove that it works, but the amount of power they talk about it making is acceptable as a "normal" variation of power when doing a dyno pull. I think the only way to see if it really works is to test it on a 400+ hp car, that way you'll see 40-80 hp gains, which would prove it works.

Also, we call a Katalysator a catalytic converter, or simply a cat. Yes, a cat, like the house pet.

i agree. the increase of power will be almost or even equal zero.
And next time i will call the Katalysator a house pet ;-)

nuclearhappines
11-20-2008, 01:41 PM
yeah well if you put a straight pipe (or a twisted one) instead of a typical cat converter or even a high cell count cat converter you will gain some 5-7 whp.

It's not the 'twister' that does anything. It's removing the cat, dropping your exhaust back pressure by about 0.5 psi which ends up being worth about 7hp or so at most...

gerby77
11-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Yeah, i now have a straight pipe, so that is true ;-)