PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

slycoco
11-15-2008, 04:39 AM
Hello everybody! i just got my celica and i need to learn alot about it. I have a 90 celica GT. Well for starters im going to get an exhuast set not just the tip but i dont know what to really look for. any tips would be wonderful and any other tips on other upgrades also. Thank you.

Shadowlife25
11-15-2008, 05:16 AM
Hi there. :) Welcome to Celica Tech!

Fill out your user info completely to make it easier for others to pop in and give advice. :)

joe's gt
11-15-2008, 06:50 AM
if u want to learn a lot about ur car, crash it and then rebuild it like I did :hehe:

but seriously, if u just got it and it hasn't had a tune up in a while u could change the spark plugs, the air filter, inspect the wires, inspect the distributor cap and rotor, change the oil, flush the coolant system, inspect the drive belt and power steering belt.

To learn the most, buy a chiltons shop manual and read it cover to cover. After that, u will know everything about ur car. Its a big book so u could just look at the parts ur interested in if u want. this is the best and cheapest way to learn about ur car.

Otherwise, PLEASE don't take anything apart unless u plan on modding and making it better. If u take anything apart just for the hell of it, u will do more harm than good. the saying "don't fix it if it aint broke" is paramount with cars.

As far as for mods, there isn't much u can do to the engine to make it have a lot of power, so I would go for aesthetics. unless u plan on swapping in a turbo engine, or turboing ur 5sfe, there is no point in wasting money on expensive engine modifications, except for minor things like a cold air intake.

Welcome to Ctech!

A word of advice, a lot of questions u may have, have already been asked. so use the search function on the forum first before posting a question. Good luck with ur endeavors and enjoy ur celica.