PDA

View Full Version : Keys locked inside my ST205!!

champians
11-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and new to Celicas.. so new that I've only just picked up my ST205 today! Its a '94 WRC.

All was going well until I closed the door having left the key inside (while we were looking at the car), the problem is the car then locked itself leaving us in a bit of a pickle. We only have one key and thats inside so am looking for any ideas solutions to get me back inside?!

Do all Celicas lock themselves like this (we'd just undone the central locking to get in but had not started it up before closing the door), if so surely someone else has made this mistake?! Is it possible to get a replacement key for example from the dealers (we know the chassis number) or use a can hanger or pick the lock perhaps?

Any ideas welcome.

Cheers Ian

eatdirt40
11-05-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm pretty sure if you know the VIN# you can get the key made at the dealer. You need to have proof of ownership I think though.

Slider
11-05-2008, 09:02 PM
PMed

v8killer
11-05-2008, 09:06 PM
you could just sell me the car now that its locked forever! i wish; get a lock out kit and use the big one with a loop- works like a charm

champians
11-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Hey thanks for the tip.

I notice our celicas differ in age however, is that likely to work on a gen 6?

Cheers Ian

andy
11-06-2008, 12:56 AM
pull window back. slip in clothes hanger with hook tip and pull lock. I did that once at a gas station at 2 in the morn cause my celica locked me out! sumbitch!

The Captain
11-06-2008, 12:57 AM
I wish I had your problem. . .

Colossus20v
11-06-2008, 01:07 AM
I wish I had your problem. . .
me too.

Ricksta
11-06-2008, 03:04 AM
pull window back. slip in clothes hanger with hook tip and pull lock. I did that once at a gas station at 2 in the morn cause my celica locked me out! sumbitch!

your gonna have to take a flathead and cover it with some cloth so that you dont scratch your window. pry the window back, and if you are skinny enough you can reach your arm in there to unlock. if you cant do that then i used to take the end of a broom stick and push it down to the auto lock button and unlock it that way. clothes hanger will work too.

Shadowlife25
11-06-2008, 03:54 AM
I'm gonna guess that your ST205 has the factory alarm system. I had this same issue on a customer vehicle. Remove the factory alarm system. It's just a glorified lock/unlock anyhow, no real alarm functions.

Use a wire clothes hanger to push the unlock switch. DO NOT put your arm through to try and do this! Use a small wedge to keep the glass pulled back, not more than 2cm as you do not want to damage the window track mechanism or put undue strain on the glass itself.

Ryan
11-06-2008, 06:17 AM
Talk to the police and have them use a slim-jim to unlock it..or go to the dealer and have them cut you another key for like $20...

Shadowlife25
11-06-2008, 06:37 AM
For clarification, was the key left in the ignition or just inside on a seat?

If it was in the ignition, then the locking system is malfunctioning. If not, get a copy made and use the hide-a-key as a back-up.

champians
11-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Cheers guys, managed to pull the handle on the drivers door. Ok so thats me back inside.

My next job is to decipher all my Japanese gadgets. I have a bunch of stuff made by Carrozzeria (Pioneer). Things include GPS/TV (showing a map of Japan!), a CD/minidisc player and a hard drive under the passenger seat. All are linked up I believe.

Is there a website or similar that has help for this imported tackle?

I believe they are just slightly different to UK spec pioneer stuff but possibly enough different to make it useless!

Cheers Ian

Colossus20v
11-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Cheers guys, managed to pull the handle on the drivers door. Ok so thats me back inside.

My next job is to decipher all my Japanese gadgets. I have a bunch of stuff made by Carrozzeria (Pioneer). Things include GPS/TV (showing a map of Japan!), a CD/minidisc player and a hard drive under the passenger seat. All are linked up I believe.

Is there a website or similar that has help for this imported tackle?

I believe they are just slightly different to UK spec pioneer stuff but possibly enough different to make it useless!

Cheers Ian
You could check manufacturer websites for a manual in other languages. But it would depend on the manufacturer. Just get the model number and you can browse around on the web.

Also post some pictures. That would help as well.

Shadowlife25
11-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Get a frequency adapter tor the radio. As for gps and the like, I don't believe it will be of any use, sadly. You are correct though, Carrozerria is Pioneer.

For info on the stereo bits try DIYMA.com

wizzards581
11-07-2008, 04:39 PM
some of my buddies can get in through the windows. pry the window out and stick your hands to unlock... jus pray the windows dont snap.. thats how they get integras and civics.