PDA

View Full Version : More car help...

VikingJZ
11-04-2008, 06:11 PM
So I am going to look for a different daily.

Love the Volvo but I want something a little different.

Anyway...I am looking at three cars currently.

I am not naming these cars. It is simply a features and opinion request.

Please, if I have discussed some of these cars with you in person, do not reveal the names, I want to keep this features based only.

Car A: (the most desired)

Turbo/five speed

Two door hatchback

under 130,000 miles

Excellent condition except for a few minor scratches and a hail dent or two.

One owner.

Price: $2,450

Reason for not wanting: Its still a little out of my price range and isn't really on the market for sale. I wouldn't have the extra cash for a long time. Its my uncle's neighbor's car, who said he would either keep it or sell it to me since my uncle BS'd the guy saying if he ever wanted to sell it that I am looking for a good car. Price is FIRM.

Car B: (Equally as desired, but semi leary)

Turbo/automatic

Five door hatchback

under 130,000 miles

Really nice shape, some paint fade and normal wear and tear.

Kicker: Has a "rebuilt title" but repaired at the brand's stealership certified repair center. (OEM body shop).

TONS of service records. Legitimate one owner old guy car

Price: $1,900 or best

Reason for not wanting: Rebuilt title situation.

Car C: A possibility on the availability of the other two or last resource.

Turbo/automatic

Four door sedan

170,000 miles

Rare color combo and features

Clean title but has both driver side doors in similar condition as to what happened to my Volvo 850.

$2,000 (Does not specify if that price is negotiable)

Reason for not wanting: Nothing solid reasoning wise. Its black on black and I don't want another black car, especially for a daily driver and winter car.

The reason I am not including what kind of cars they are is so that some members don't flame these cars. I am buying this because I want a factory, reliable, boosted daily driver that's in nice shape and in my price range.

Discuss.

Especially Car B with the rebuilt title. I do like this car a lot.

I am not selling the Volvo and using the money for the SC. The SC is going to be my project. This next car will be something I can tweak for cheap and consider finished and still work on the SC.

Keeping my Volvo is a last resort if I cannot find anything I would like.

Ryan
11-04-2008, 06:17 PM
None of the above...

Keep the cars you have...
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t138/93-mx-3/do_it_faggot_2.jpg

VikingJZ
11-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Not an option.

Ryan
11-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Like hell it isn't! lol

ciento44
11-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Well... i'd choose the one that you have no reason for not wanting.

/thread.

VikingJZ
11-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Well there IS a reason because it lacks one of the features I am after.

VikingJZ
11-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Plus the color is...meh

Black...Do not want another

ciento44
11-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Car C: A possibility on the availability of the other two or last resource.

Turbo/automatic

Four door sedan

170,000 miles

Rare color combo and features

Clean title but has both driver side doors in similar condition as to what happened to my Volvo 850.

$2,000 (Does not specify if that price is negotiable)

Reason for not wanting: No clue

Then update this, fool!

Ryan
11-04-2008, 06:52 PM
But the thing that makes it an obvious decision for me is.....

YOU HAVE A CAR THAT IS RELIABLE, REALLY NICE, GOOD FOR DD, GOOD MILEAGE..

You also have another car that you said is your project car now that you have a DD.

If you get a boosted car, i guarantee you that you will pretty much abandon your lexus and put all your money into your "new fun boosted car".

This is why it doesnt make sense to get a boosted car instead of keeping your car that you have now that is perfect for DD.

ciento44
11-04-2008, 06:54 PM
But the thing that makes it an obvious decision for me is.....

YOU HAVE A CAR THAT IS RELIABLE, REALLY NICE, GOOD FOR DD, GOOD MILEAGE..

You also have another car that you said is your project car now that you have a DD.

If you get a boosted car, i guarantee you that you will pretty much abandon your lexus and put all your money into your "new fun boosted car".

This is why it doesnt make sense to get a boosted car instead of keeping your car that you have now that is perfect for DD.

Stfu. EVERYTHING needs boost. I will boost your vaccuum cleaner.

Ryan
11-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Nope, not quite..lol. But seriously, save your money and put it into the lexus...

seriously....

Do you really want a boosted DD instead of this??

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t138/93-mx-3/GreggBay.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t138/93-mx-3/GreggBay2.jpg

Especially considering this would waste your boosted DD...

lolwat
11-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Stfu. EVERYTHING needs boost. I will boost your vaccuum cleaner.

can you get this vacuum cleaner to fuck this cake?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gdBNZcDLG8

ciento44
11-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Aaron, may want to put a *WW* on this thread now.

Ryan
11-04-2008, 07:06 PM
way to go crystal!!!! jeez! lol

lolwat
11-04-2008, 07:09 PM
way to go crystal!!!! jeez! lol

haha. yeah...I saw an opening and I took it. figured someone would appreciate it.

Ryan
11-04-2008, 07:13 PM
threadjack/

now you need to go build your garage..lol. It will be epic.

/threadjack

lolwat
11-04-2008, 07:18 PM
threadjack/

now you need to go build your garage..lol. It will be epic.

/threadjack

yeah...let me get right on that...post some pictures of my sweet taurus. lol.

It would be epic fail. haha.

VikingJZ
11-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Everyone tells me to boost the SC.

It will get done. The more I think about it the more its going to be a longer time.

I'm back to making it look nice first.

That's what I want to do.

Like I said, keeping this Volvo is not one of the options I am looking at unless I cannot find anything else.

Ryan
11-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Crystal-you definitely need to do that.

Aaron- You dont have to hide your homosexuality behind boost...real men drive N/A cars....lol. We all understand that you like teh buttsecks...

hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaha

ciento44
11-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Everyone tells me to boost the SC.

It will get done. The more I think about it the more its going to be a longer time.

I'm back to making it look nice first.

That's what I want to do.

Like I said, keeping this Volvo is not one of the options I am looking at unless I cannot find anything else.

You can DD a boosted lexus.... it's a 2jz. It'll be fiiiiiine like cherry wine!

VikingJZ
11-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Si...but I have decided it needs to look good before teh boostorz.

Its kind of like a modestly attractive chick wanting a boob job. She can be really hott if she got a different hair cut, went tanning, whitened her teeth, and toyed with different make-up. But bigger titties is the icing on the cake that can come after the pre-jiggle fest.

Ryan
11-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Ya, but, what if she has std's?

Ryan
11-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Then its like having a boosted DD das automobile

lolwat
11-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Ya, but, what if she has std's?

she probably wouldn't have any infections yet. she doesn't have the whole physical package for a guy to be like daaaaaaaaayum...I'd hit that! lol.

Ryan
11-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Coming from a chick, that is absolutely epic!!!!!!!!

lolwat
11-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Coming from a chick, that is absolutely epic!!!!!!!!

well...I was just saying. haha.

Ryan
11-04-2008, 07:54 PM
lol. ya.

tuner4life
11-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Anyways, back on topic......

I'm buying the Vulva, don't try to persuade Aaron to keep it or else... Ill cut you!!

I think you should jump on car #1.

Aaron, PM me what the other 2 cars are. Im not sure that you have told me, or if I was listening if you did. Anyways... I'm done now, you all may go back off topic.

Ryan
11-04-2008, 08:06 PM
you wont cut me you pussy....you wont do shit.....

you know why......

Because...

I KNOW EVERYBODYS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

VikingJZ
11-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Raaaaaped Aaaaape

Ryan
11-04-2008, 09:25 PM
aaaaaaapeeed raaaaaaaaaape

85gtsblackman
11-04-2008, 10:58 PM
dude u make no sence

volvo runs fine great for a daily
lexus was your daily, now project
1st gen was orginal project

u bitch about having no money and being broke but keep buying cars, im seriously debating asking u how much for your 1st gen

EDIT:this was directed at vikingjz

andy
11-04-2008, 11:09 PM
how much for your 1st gen?

85gtsblackman
11-04-2008, 11:10 PM
no u distroy rwd yotas

Ryan
11-04-2008, 11:11 PM
You dont want it...its too far gone.

usp45
11-04-2008, 11:11 PM
if you want cheap boost get a older volvo with a redblock (b2xx) avoiding 86-89 models. Ive seen 300hp junkyard builds on those motors.

+ the rwd goodness.

parts are everywhere you can get old running volvos for 500 dollars all day long. turbo blocks for $100. and everthing they make is so interchangable, they produced the redblock for at least 20 years in 3 diferent main car designs. freaken cheap parts galore.

the new volvos are more finicky and expensive to get parts for. in addition the 5 cyl con. rods are rated for less power than an old redblock with 1 less cylinder.

tuner4life
11-04-2008, 11:12 PM
y'all dont want that 1st gen, there was way too much rust to bother to restore.

85gtsblackman
11-04-2008, 11:14 PM
great, he waited and failed

usp45
11-04-2008, 11:24 PM
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/887541487.html

rwd turbage and 800 or so lbs lighter than your 850

oh snap!
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Volvo-740-Tic-in-Sweden_19719.htm

Ryan
11-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Dont do that man!!!!! lol

usp45
11-05-2008, 12:53 AM
well... as much as I love tryin to sell volvo... boost the sc! any boosted car you could buy in the 2000 or less price range is more of a project than reliable dd. And enjoy your good ol boring trusty 850 na for work and essential functions.

If you shop, you could boost the sc for 2 gs. It'll take boost on the stock internals. Then build a bomb proof 1/2jz- when you ready.

if you just need a boosted dd... vizolvo.

Ryan
11-05-2008, 12:55 AM
You could boost it for less than $2000, but if you want name brand or whatever parts then plan on more than that.. Its all a matter of how much you want to spend on stuff, what power numbers you are looking for etc.

VikingJZ
11-05-2008, 03:50 AM
Joe I don't have money.

I get money when I snag stuff at junk yards and sell for a profit.

I bought the Volvo using money that I made off of parting out the first gen.

The first gen was bought last year. I highly doubt that the frame of the car rusted this badly in one year. It was just too far hidden to notice.

andy
11-05-2008, 03:50 AM
does that mean i can have it?

VikingJZ
11-05-2008, 03:53 AM
No I am calling a scrap yard tomorrow and the entire car will be gone by the end of next week.

Everyone else wants me to boost the SC. But thats not honestly what I want right now. I'm building my car(s) for ME, and not anyone else. I was simply asking for opinions on three different cars to use as a fun daily driver. Keeping my current one and boosting the SC are not in discussion. I have toyed with the idea over the past month and its just not the right time.

Once the car has no dents and a fresh coat of black paint, shifter conversion done, and other assorted things, the car will get a bump to 350-400whp

VikingJZ
11-05-2008, 03:55 AM
Also, the first gen is NOT, I repeat, N-O-T for sale to anyone at any place or any time.

If you want a first gen, go find another one.

andy
11-05-2008, 05:34 AM
so you would rather it see the scraper then go to someone who would love it?

Ryan
11-05-2008, 06:20 AM
If you give him the right price im sure you could have it andy...

VikingJZ
11-05-2008, 06:25 AM
I'm not selling it.

Its a personal thing. I really wanted to fix it up and return it to show room stock.

And I will. With another first gen. Some time within the next two years I'll get another. I will look very similar to the one I have.

Ryan
11-05-2008, 06:26 AM
You know if you get enough money you would sell it...... dont lie aaron.

85gtsblackman
11-05-2008, 06:51 AM
<is sad

ciento44
11-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Aaron, if they want it so bad.... sell it.

It's not salvageable, and if they know that, and still want to buy it, so be it.

VikingJZ
11-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Okay people make an offer.

andy
11-05-2008, 10:38 PM
whatever the scrap yard would pay for it.

Ryan
11-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Umm, that isnt really fair, if you want it so bad, you should pay a bit more than the scrapyard, hell, if you pay enough, he might throw in the engine and drivetrain etc...:)

usp45
11-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Keeping my current one and boosting the SC are not in discussion. I have toyed with the idea over the past month and its just not the right time.

Once the car has no dents and a fresh coat of black paint, shifter conversion done, and other assorted things, the car will get a bump to 350-400whp

why not spend your money on body work then?

Just curious, how come the 850 isn't an option, I hope it's not just because your girlfriend hates it? :P

you won't get many speeding tickets cruising around in the granny-mobile. aside from providing no motivation or reward to step on the so called accelerator. I think volvo sedans are statisticly one of the least pulled over cars. Which is great for any crime ventures.

predicted series of events:
1/ Buy turbo dd
2/ install a simple fmic and turn the boost up some
3/ needs more injector
4/ needs bigger exaust
5/ needs more clutch
x ...infinite...

Ryan
11-05-2008, 11:57 PM
exactly what ihave been trying to explain to him...but he doesnt understand or listen..

VikingJZ
11-06-2008, 03:21 AM
^Because its my choice.

Its not that I don't understand or listen. I am listening, its just that no one can support what I want to do.

Boosting the SC isn't what I SHOULD do. I never intended to boost it anyway. For that car, its looks over performance. I want it looking like new before I boost it, or may never boost it.

How many times do I have to reiterate that its between three cars.

I may end up hunting for an 850 turbo.

If I do get a boosted daily.

Its going to be this:

FMIC and hard pipe kit, BOV, some form of exhaust, intake.

Done. Focus on the SC. 97+ kit, new paint, new rims, new carpet, new stock seat upholstery. Suspension.

I'm not a go fast kind of guy. The SC is fast enough for me as it is. Say if I got a Volvo 850 turbo, I can put all of that stuff on it for cheap. Its peppy and quicker than it was stock, and sounds cool with a BOV and cat back.

Ya a boosted 2J is cool as fuck and all, but I dont really care anymore.

andy
11-06-2008, 03:55 AM
I would not pay more for a car that was orginally bound for the scrapyard. Why would I? If anything i would pay less for it because if i was gonna get rid of a car, i would much rather give it to an enthusiast then a crusher. right? I know its his car i just dont know why he would rather see it crushed then with someone else. i just dont see the logic. i dunno?

VikingJZ
11-06-2008, 06:20 AM
Yeah I see your point Andy.

Its hard to explain.

When I sold my fifth gen, one of my personal stipulations was selling it out of state to someone not on a forum so I wouldn't have to see it.

Once I sell a car I love I never want to see it again.

And as Ben said, it isn't salvagable

My junk yard five minutes from here won't even take it because they said it isn't worth them taking.

You would be getting LESS than a shell.

It wont have an interior, glass, hood, trunk, doors, fenders, wheels, most brake components and many engine parts.

your time would be better spent hunting down a solid, running first gen.

Ryan
11-06-2008, 06:20 AM
Because you are an enthusiast and from what I gather from aaron, he has too many fond memories and doesn't want to see it anymore...

usp45
11-06-2008, 06:42 AM
^Because its my choice.

Its not that I don't understand or listen. I am listening, its just that no one can support what I want to do.

Boosting the SC isn't what I SHOULD do. I never intended to boost it anyway. For that car, its looks over performance. I want it looking like new before I boost it, or may never boost it.

How many times do I have to reiterate that its between three cars.

I may end up hunting for an 850 turbo.

If I do get a boosted daily.

Its going to be this:

FMIC and hard pipe kit, BOV, some form of exhaust, intake.

Done. Focus on the SC. 97+ kit, new paint, new rims, new carpet, new stock seat upholstery. Suspension.

I'm not a go fast kind of guy. The SC is fast enough for me as it is. Say if I got a Volvo 850 turbo, I can put all of that stuff on it for cheap. Its peppy and quicker than it was stock, and sounds cool with a BOV and cat back.

Ya a boosted 2J is cool as fuck and all, but I dont really care anymore.

I do like the idea of a turbo volvo :bigthumbu I've been looking for a 940t my self. If I could find an elusive 5spd 850t I would snag one up for sure. paddle shifters and an auto could suffice though. I wish I could sell you my brothers 100,000 mile b5234t, harness, ecu, 5spd, he has laying around, but if he doesn't use it, I will.

Ryan
11-06-2008, 06:46 AM
get that one you found in indy....lol. get it on the 14th, stay with one of us, and chill here on the 15th..lol

VikingJZ
11-06-2008, 07:19 AM
Yes, thats exactly it.

I don't have the resources, time, and money to dive into a project like that.

ciento44
11-06-2008, 01:11 PM
predicted series of events:
1/ Buy turbo dd
2/ install a simple fmic and turn the boost up some
3/ needs more injector
4/ needs bigger exaust
5/ needs more clutch
x ...infinite...

Nah... that's me.

Aaron would be ok, i have faith in him.

VikingJZ
11-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Faith in me for what? lol

LIke Joe was saying back there how I always bitch about not having money.

Its true, I do bitch. The problem with the yellow car, is that I wanted it to have been done right.

The structure of the car is so far gone, that it would probably cost over $5,000 just to do rust work. That doesn't count everything else needed to make it look new.

ciento44
11-06-2008, 04:11 PM
I have faith in you to not go too far with your daily.

andy
11-06-2008, 08:59 PM
werd i here ya man. ima find me one closer anywho. i was just wondering what your take was one it.

VikingJZ
11-06-2008, 09:10 PM
ya.

Trust me if I thought it could be fixed for less than finding a solid one, I would do it.

But its not.