PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Sportsline

deuce
03-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Does anyone have those springs with kyb gr2 shocks?? is it good or should i go with other brand of shocks??.....

im currently running stock shocks with those sportsline spring on my 92 celica...

any recommendation would be great....
tnx

Hooligan
03-09-2005, 06:01 PM
GR2 = stock shocks.

Do a search in this forum, I know there are a few good threads on ST18X suspensions.

deuce
03-10-2005, 03:35 AM
sure hooligan,did my research already and most people were recommending Koni yellow shocks on those sportsline spring....but there way too expensif to buy those shocks...soo was wondering if there where any good shocks out there for lowered ride...

Hooligan
03-10-2005, 03:51 AM
sure hooligan,did my research already and most people were recommending Koni yellow shocks on those sportsline spring....but there way too expensif to buy those shocks...soo was wondering if there where any good shocks out there for lowered ride...

As far as I know, the only good shocks available for FWD Celicas are the pricey Konis. Other than that, you can pretty much only get stock replacements with different brand names on them.

Sprint supposedly just came out with new dampers for our vehicles, but I don't know anyone who has them and I don't know how good Sprint's reputation is.

Galcobar
03-10-2005, 07:59 AM
Most people who lower report no significant problems with using stock or stock-equivalent shocks as long as they don't drop more than an inch. Beyond that you start putting a lot of stress on the shocks, which the stock aren't really able to handle for long.

Sportlines are one of the mildest drops -- I believe the combination of a 1" drop and KYB/Monroe/OEM shocks was discussed in a suspension thread.

Hooligan
03-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Sportlines are more like an inch and a half, so that's questionable.

deuce
03-10-2005, 04:51 PM
i guess im going to start saving up for those koni yellow shocks....

wrongboy
03-11-2005, 02:31 PM
I have been running KYB's with my Sportlines for almost three years now with no problems. The only thing I noticed was that in the cold when I have my winter wheels on, I rub on big bumps. I am assuming that this is because the gas is cold (i.e. contracted) and allows more travel, because after a few minutes driving, the problem goes away. I would not steer away from these shocks on the advice of someone who doesnt have them installed, and at something like 1/4 of the price of Koni's, I have found them to be a viable option. Hope this helps!

-wrongboy

Luis C
03-11-2005, 03:45 PM
I had a set of OEM Tokicos (higher quality than KYB IMO) on an Eibach PROKIT and they didn't last long (only some 18.000 Kms o less). Right now I'm trying Bilsteins and so far I've got some 4.000 Km on them so not much to report here except that they are as stiff as hell