PDA

View Full Version : brakeing problem

a7x_pwns
12-05-2004, 03:44 AM
I dont know if its a problem or just the way it is but when i get goin to about 85 and then put the brakes on the car shakes like its going over small bumps or something, also my pads have been recently replaced but their making a squeeling noise when i stop.

bator
12-05-2004, 04:12 AM
May I recommend some Bendix IQ pads (Import Quiets) They work well for me and are smooth are higher speeds.

roman
12-05-2004, 04:31 AM
How long ago were your pads changed? Were your rotors resurfaced when you changed the pads?

New pads are known to squeal because of the metal-to-metal friction between the pad and the backing plate. You can put some brake-quiet goop on there that turns into rubber when it dries which absorbs said vibrations. Although that may not always work. I know when we replaced the pads on my buddy's Integra with some cheapo Autozone pads they squealed for a long time before they finally set in.

RA24_4_Me
12-05-2004, 02:55 PM
I am not a betting man, but if I had to bet on your shaking problem, I would say you need to get your rotors machined, or replaced altogether.

Ryan

a7x_pwns
12-05-2004, 03:24 PM
yea they were changed a while ago and they used to squeel like crazy and stoped for about a week or so and now they squeel a lilttle now and then. i wonder if the cold weather has somethign to do with it?

TRDmkII
12-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Well your rotors are definitly warped, i'd replace the rotors if i were you. while you have the rotors off take some sand paper or a die grinder if you have one and try to get as much of the rust and build up off the hub, then put on the rotors and pads...if you reuse your old pads sand them down a little too...

if you do a lot of high speed or heavy braking the constant heat and cold warps the rotors which will give you that vibration.