PDA

View Full Version : st162/st165

Grot
10-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Are there any differences in the body stylings of the GTS and the Alltrac on the 4th Gens?

RedRkt01
10-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Nay........just the frame. The 165 is built like a tank. I believe it is around 350 ibs heavier.

Grot
10-23-2008, 02:45 PM
damn... reason i was asking is ive seen some hoods on some 165s similar to the 5th gen RC hood. know anything about it?

RedRkt01
10-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Those are custom..........Toyota made one hood for the 4th Gen.

CriScO
10-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Nay........just the frame.
Um... The front bumper is completely different. Because of this the fenders and lower fender trim are too. In addition, the All-Trac was only available in the hatchback style, no coupes.

As for the hood though, they were all the same. No need for a scoop with that water intercooler. Whatever you saw was custom.

RedRkt01
10-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Um... The front bumper is completely different. Because of this the fenders and lower fender trim are too. In addition, the All-Trac was only available in the hatchback style, no coupes.

As for the hood though, they were all the same. No need for a scoop with that water intercooler. Whatever you saw was custom.

Alright.........well if you wanna go that far.........the rear bumper was completely different as well. It had side skirts and door trim, fog lights....blah blah blah. In Europe it had headlight sprayers/wipers.......Europe also saw the fender turn signals right above the trim anterior of the fender wheel wells. How about the quater panel ventilation system between the doors and the rear light assemblys? JAP/EUR also saw different turn signals, side markers, and folding mirrors.

I own both models.

CriScO
10-24-2008, 05:45 AM
There ya go. A flat out "no" just wasn't working for me. :)

T-spoon
10-24-2008, 06:15 AM
Alright.........well if you wanna go that far.........the rear bumper was completely different as well. It had side skirts and door trim, fog lights....blah blah blah. In Europe it had headlight sprayers/wipers.......Europe also saw the fender turn signals right above the trim anterior of the fender wheel wells. How about the quater panel ventilation system between the doors and the rear light assemblys? JAP/EUR also saw different turn signals, side markers, and folding mirrors.

I own both models.

Whoa smartass, then why'd you say there was no difference? :slap: :lolhittin

RedRkt01
10-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Whoa smartass, then why'd you say there was no difference? :slap: :lolhittin

That's right, I am a smartass! Considering you have to have the proper fenders (which aren't available anymore) to install the body kit I though it was a moot point to talk about it. So I defered to talk about body construction.

I'm also lazy. :wiggle: