PDA

View Full Version : Clear Headlights

UndaGrwnD
10-21-2008, 10:34 PM
i know there are some topics about clear headlights...but not useful for me.

I got clear headlights on my ST182, but these dont fit very well...in a couple of weeks im going to buy xenon HID, and i want good clear headlights that will fit perfect.

The ones i got now doenst go full in the bracket...so it doesnt close good when i flip them down.

there are so many aftermarket clear headlights...but i dont think they will fit perfect.

So...does someone know wich one will fitt ?

(i need headlights for Left Hand drivers..dunno if it matters?)

thnx

METDeath
10-22-2008, 12:42 AM
Pictures of what you're talking about would be helpful...

Galcobar
10-22-2008, 12:55 AM
I think he's trying to say he's going to jury rig a set of HID bulbs into an H4 housing and wants clear lenses to ensure he will truly blind everyone, or else he's trying to say he's going to jury-rig a set of HID projectors into an H4 housing and wants a clear lens so as not to disrupt the beam pattern from the projectors.

If you're sticking HID bulbs into the halogen housing, don't.

If you're sticking a projector into an H4 housing so it will fit in the Celica, try looking up a set of Hella diamond-cut housings, then black out the housing interior.

celica9303
10-22-2008, 02:37 AM
Whatever happened to you getting those pegasus light? I was hoping for a review of them

Grot
10-22-2008, 02:43 AM
sorry to hijack the thread, but do they make angel eyes for the st162?

i havent found any, justs curious if anyone knows of any?

Galcobar
10-22-2008, 06:25 AM
The fourth-gen uses either a H6054 sealed-beam or a housing with an H4 bulb. Either way, a housing which uses angel eyes will deeply compromise the effectiveness of the headlight. Or to put it another way, your headlights will suck.

Angel eyes were an adaptation for projector headlights to the European requirement for city lights -- full headlights are often unnecessary in cities due to their better lighting, but marker lights are the rule. Think DRL, but for nighttime.

Since the only time your headlights should be up is when your headlights are on, I don't really see the purpose in angel eyes...but let's set aside my opinion.

You can find angel eye 200mm rectangular housings, usually in truly cheap plastic for somewhere around $5-10 on Ebay. You will regret installing them when you drive at night.

UndaGrwnD
10-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Whatever happened to you getting those pegasus light? I was hoping for a review of them

hmm..dont like them anymore.

What i mean is:

I want clear headlights that fits good...thats it, cuz the ones i got now doesnt fit good.

So..Hella Diamond-cut headlights?

Galcobar
10-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Hella makes good housings, but the diamond cuts will not perform as well as the parabolic design with a shaped lens.

It would help if you could specify why you want clear headlights.

UndaGrwnD
10-22-2008, 09:54 AM
why i want clear headlights? because i think it gives a nice look...better then the standard headlights.

i made a pic then i was installing them..Left is clear Right is standard:

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3748/pica209lp4.jpg

Galcobar
10-22-2008, 10:13 AM
If it's just for looks, then Hella will do -- as would Bosch and Cibie.

However, you mentioned HID. Do you mean an actual set of HID projectors, or a set of bulbs which claim either claim to be HID, or are rebased HID bulbs?

If the latter, please don't do it. Your beam pattern will be awful. Take a look at Slider's post, particularly the first photo comparison:
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29947297&postcount=42

UndaGrwnD
10-22-2008, 10:44 AM
http://www.nltuning.nl/virtuemart/pilot-xenon-hid/pilot-xenon-h4/

i want this...is this ok or..?

Galcobar
10-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Those would be the classic HID bulb stuck into a halogen housing. Without a lens to focus the HID output correctly, it will produce exactly the problems Slider's posted pictures show.

Unless of course there's information I'm missing, such as projector units which are not pictured on that page. However, the list of items in the kit is fairly understandable even to an anglophone such as myself: two bulbs, two ballasts, two cable sets, two sockets, and hardware.

UndaGrwnD
10-22-2008, 11:20 PM
what would be a good set? which clear headlights with xenon?

Galcobar
10-23-2008, 03:07 AM
A) Xenon is a halogen gas. Referring to a xenon bulb isn't useful, as xenon is used both in halogen bulbs with a filament, and HID bulbs which use arc discharge.

Slider's post demonstrates what happens when you put an HID bulb in a halogen housing, without a lens designed for an HID bulb involved (e.g. a projector mounted inside the H4 housing).

UndaGrwnD
10-23-2008, 11:44 AM
hmm oke..

Wicked Toys
10-25-2008, 06:44 PM
I was going to go the Diamond lens HID route until I did my re-search and the light pattern would be bright but all over the place. So unless you find some real projection lens housings or get a custom retrofit job, I'd save my money.

I'm happy with my Current H4's with PIAA Bulbs.

UndaGrwnD
10-25-2008, 11:09 PM
i just want the clear lens :P thats all.. :P

DaneDog311
10-30-2008, 11:50 PM
Since the only time your headlights should be up is when your headlights are on

I drive with mine alot of the time... is there a reason you say this? I can't imagine it hurting anything and all 3 of my celicas I can pop the lights up and have all markers off. Just wondering?

Galcobar
10-31-2008, 12:54 AM
A smooth flow to the shape of the hood (visual benefit) and lower air resistance (gas consumption benefit).