PDA

View Full Version : horrible vibration

Simonhla
10-18-2008, 01:48 AM
I'm still getting horrible vibrations and it's doing my nut in.
It's really mostly at idle and low rpms but has been getting gradually worse. Had a rebuild done about three thousand miles ago and all mounts have been replaced as has the IACV.

Would the injector seals have been replaced in a rebuild?If not I am thinking of having them pulled replaced (the seals) and the injectors properly flushed. I'd do it myself but reading the repair manual it looks pretty complicated to get in there. I'd be going way further than I had gone before. Any thoughts would be great. I am getting very exasperated by this whole vibration issue. It's deep through the steering wheel, the seats, the hood vibrates, the wing mirrors vibrate, can see the drivers headlight vibrate. Alleviates mostly upon acceleration but lately even when driving there has been increased rattling.Starting to feel like the car is falling apart.

EDIT: If i was to pull the injectors myself what tools would I need. I'm really trying to save money here as I am currently unemployed.

EDIT 2: When in Park or Neutral the car will idle at around 1000rpms but after 10 to 30 seconds it will surge to around 1600rpms. After another short moment it will surge even higher to 2000rpms and pretty much stay there unless i drop it into drive or switch it off. if i drop it into drive it will go back down to 800rpms more or less but has the tendency to fluctuate to 1100. The vibration is worst at the lowest rpms. Vacuum leak somewhere? But why surging only in park and neutral?

91 Celica GT-S
10-18-2008, 11:06 AM
if the injector bushings/ o rings are not leaking why replace them? if they are leaking go ahead. theres only 2 bolts that hold on the fuel rail but they are some of the hardest 2 bolts youll ever have to get to. and they have a spacer too dont drop it. really tight space up against the intake manifold but not impossible ratcheting wrenches help out a lot. also when putting in new ones i like to dip the o rings and rubber bushings in oil so they slide in easier and dont get damaged on installation i had to do this twice learned the second time.

as for vibrations the 5sfe is known to vibrate. what did you replace your bushings with? polyurethane mounts are more solid and transfer more vibrations than regular stock.

Simonhla
10-18-2008, 07:49 PM
i couldn't say. had a mechanic do it all. Pretty sure they are oem but i'll try and have a look. Have to figure that this car has a vacuum leak or something, somewhere.

Simonhla
11-09-2008, 04:50 AM
So I just had a bit of luck and had a rebuilt injector kit, complete with new o-rings etc fall into my hands for free (don't ask). I am going to stick these in.

Is it really that hard of an install for a complete novice? And if not will I need replacement gaskets?

If I chicken out and take it to a mechanic how many labor hours am I looking at on average? Want to avoid being ripped off.

Thanks all.

joe's gt
11-09-2008, 06:43 AM
if u got stiff mounts, that could be a reason why its vibrating more. I remember guys that polyerthaned their mounts complained of excess vibration.