PDA

View Full Version : Need a 7gc measurement please

grayscale
10-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Can some one measure the distance between the tops of the front struts please?
1.The first measurement is between the two furthest studs on each side.
2.The second is the distance between two studs on the same side.
3.And third, if you happen to have a strut brace on yours, could you tell me how long the the bar itself is?
Thanks for the help. Here is a pic for reference.

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/3/3/2/7gcmeasurements.jpg

METDeath
10-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Oooh, making more strut bars?

MCcelica
10-13-2008, 03:50 AM
I have a strut bar I'm not using. It fits on the 7th gen, but my battery won't clear it. (Battery's fault, not the bar) If you wanted to use it as a basis or new design or whatever, that's cool. Let me know, shoot me an offer.

grayscale
10-14-2008, 05:34 AM
Yes, possibly.

I would shoot you an offer but I'm assed for kash without a job for a while now. But if you could get me the specs on it I would be a step further. I'll talk to a couple of guys who've been asking for them and I'll see if I can get them to buy it if you want.

MCcelica
10-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Roger that. I'll be tinkin with the 6g tomorrow anyways, so I'll grab those specs for ya, no problemo.

As far as gettin someone to buy it, either way is good. I'm not gonna use it till I put a smaller battery (Or just differently shaped) in 'er. So it's just gonna sit around till I do.

MCcelica
10-16-2008, 06:02 AM
Gray, I got that stuff for ya. For measurements 1 and 2 I measured from the outside of each bolt hole, to the outside of the other one in the middle. Each bolt hole is 3/8 inch in diameter. So with the measurements I have, that will give you some idea where to drill.

1) EXACTLY 4 feet. (to the outside of the holes.)
2) 4 and 7/8 inches.

For measurement number 3, I have a bar that is welded to a bracket. The bracket Y's out and is welded to the rings. The bar itself is 36 and 3/4 inches (3' 3/4'') On both ends, those brackets are 1/4 inches for a total length of 37 and 1/4 inches (3' 1/4'') with the brackets on. The arms on the y's are 1 and 1/4 inches long. The brackets are sorta shaped like this \_/ with the bar attaching to the flat side on the bottom. If you want a picture, let me know and I'll jump on that for ya.

Hope that helps!

MCcelica
10-16-2008, 06:13 AM
Actually here's a link to a picture I took right after I got the car... hence why the engine bay is so dirty... and there's corrosion on my battery ground. That's all cleared up now btw :D, but you can see the Y brackets I'm talkin about and how it sits in there. If it were up to me I'd move the brackets and the bar a bit more away from the battery towards the back of the engine bay to give the battery more room. That's why I'm not usin it right now is cause the battery I got is bigger than the one in that pic. Anyways, here's that pic...

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/3/9/8/7/DSCN0463.JPG

MCcelica
10-18-2008, 05:12 AM
Bump for gray's specs!

grayscale
11-11-2008, 01:44 AM
Sorry I totally dropped the ball on this, forgot all about it.
So yeah, that is a pretty tight fit. Looks like there still might be some clearance issues even if it moves back, though it would be better if the centerline of the bar were lined up with the center of the struts.
Thanks, I'll take some measurements and do some more thinking.

MCcelica
11-11-2008, 03:46 AM
If you're going to move it back, it's only going to be able to go about a half inch though cause then it'll start hitting the brake fluid reservoir. Just to alert you on that.

grayscale
12-24-2008, 02:07 AM
Looking to use on 5gc.

MCcelica
12-24-2008, 05:19 AM
I think the bolt orientation between 7gc and 5gc is different though. I know it's different between 7 and 6gc otherwise I'd be using it on my 6th gen.