PDA

View Full Version : OT: Need Help with Quick Fix it ticket NY. Got court date after 3 months?

90GTS
10-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Anybody from NY Westchester county who can help me?

Last late June or early July (can't remember date anymore). I got pulled over around 2 am in the morning (from going gas station) on the way home. Officer said I have a busted license plate bulb and told me to have it fix within 24. same day I went to a auto parts store and changed the bulb then went to the nearest police station. Officer at desk gave me a receipt or clearance. I think within 1-2 days I submitted the ticket with receipt pled not guilty at back since I don't want to pay the fine. Today. I got a court order to appear oct 29? why?
The officer who gave me the ticket told me to submit it with receipt/clearance from any police station which I did. I thought that's it. I'm done.

Why do I have a court order after 3 months and this is just for a busted bulb which I submitted proof together with ticket that i had it fix on same day.

I completely forgot all about this until today. I couldn't find the photocopy of the receipt.

Is this a mistake by them?

What should I do?

Ryan
10-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Go to the same police station and ask them what the deal is. They should have a file or something of that nature that way it gets cleared up.

Colossus20v
10-13-2008, 02:41 AM
yeah. COntact the police station and show them again that it is fixed.

90GTS
10-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks guys.

The letter I got is a court order to appear in court on Oct 29. I will try to contact them. I also found the photocopy of the ticket with correction fix receipt from PD and also with bulb receipt from autoparts store last night. Thank goodness!

I was reading the photocopy and you will not believe this the FIX IT TICKET was DATED 05/05/08 and correction ticket from police dept in my town and the bulb receipt from auto parts store was DATED 05/05/08.

I got caught in the neighboring town around 2am coming from the gas station. I passed by the cop (hiding in the dark) before and on my way back after 1/8-1/4 mi he crossover the road and followed me for a couple of seconds then flash his light. He even call 2 backups. After giving me the ticket he said I can go to any police station and get a receipt and mail to address on the ticket.

So I don't know why they want me to appear to court for a broken license plate lamp after 5 months actually that's almost 6 months!

They are wasting taxpayers money.

zmile06
10-16-2008, 11:44 PM
You pleaded not guilty thats all i can think of.

90GTS
10-17-2008, 07:17 AM
zmile06,

Do you have to plead guilty on a fix it ticket? Even if the problem was corrected within 24 hrs?

I'm thinking if I plead guilty I automatically pay the fine.

That's the first time I got that kind of ticket.

Galcobar
10-17-2008, 08:10 AM
Go to the same police station and ask them what the deal is. They should have a file or something of that nature that way it gets cleared up.

See this post. Follow the directions. Talk to the people who issued the ticket, not people on an Internet forum.