PDA

View Full Version : freakin florida weather

Tbtim90gt
10-07-2008, 03:28 AM
Yeah so i pulled out of a restraunt in tampa on kennedy blvd comin home from work well it was POURING!! and well.... the road was a little flooded i figured it'll make it right...so i pull on the road and start going so far so good.....and then i look down at my foot and water is coming through the firewall onto my foot....that aint good. Like a bad story gone worse the car starts to bog down :eek4: so i floor it and swerve onto someones lawn ... but by then it was tooooo late. It starts missin so i just put the pedal to the floor and flew through an intersection hoping to blow what evers wrong away...well i get trough the intersection and it dies...so i am stuck in a storm no ac storming HARD and car wont run...oo and im in the middle of an itersection(luckily it was back roads) so i crank the car up and try to dry out the engine to no preval. after about 30mins it finally would stay running i pull into a apartment complex and jump out and stood in front of someones apartment....scared some lady :laugh: after looking at the weather radar on my phone and saw that the weather wasnt letting up anytime soon i ran back into my car and just sat in it holdin the idle at around 1200 until it FINALLY cleared out. frigin water in the distributor. Well the moral of the story just stay away from water unless your in a nice big dodge. :bigthumbu

celica91gts
10-07-2008, 03:48 AM
good thing you didn't have a cai.

Tbtim90gt
10-07-2008, 04:07 AM
well i have a short ram that sits right behind the battery but luckily some how since i dont have inner fender wells it didnt get wet...and to thing i was gonna run a true cai like on my old car right behind the bumper.

GT4SOM
10-07-2008, 05:37 AM
Why are you running through big water puddles with out a snorkel?!

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
10-07-2008, 05:57 AM
^^LoLz... Ya this weather here in FL is whack juice. Past week it has been nice and cool and I was hoping it would stay that way but nope, walked outside today and it was hot and muggy, then it rained and got even worse afterwards...teh gheynus

T-spoon
10-07-2008, 06:01 AM
For future reference, drive slowly through water with stable throttle if you simply have to drive through it. Do NOT floor it and don't stop completely. Just creep along and pray. All speeding up does is give your intake a lot more vacuum to slurp up water with and splash water all over your engine bay.

Tbtim90gt
10-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Well i do know about going steady throttle and slow but im still used to my past two cars were 5 speeds so i could do that and still maintain enough throttle to keep things dry. And yeah chris i know what you mean about the weather it was sooo nice like the past week and in the last few days its just gotten worse and worse the news at first said no more rain it was gonna be cool and dry now it hot hummid and BLOWS!

tuner4life
10-07-2008, 06:35 PM
When I had my geo, I did that twice in one day, didnt flood the motor at all, but the pressure must have done something bad, because it blew a rear crank seal within the day. The thing had never leaked before.

VikingJZ
10-07-2008, 07:33 PM
If you get a CAI find a water bypass valve too.

Tbtim90gt
10-07-2008, 08:07 PM
yeah i know the best one i have seen other then like a pre filter is aem's cai foam bypass valve pretty nice