PDA

View Full Version : Melb Big Celica Meet!!! Everyone Come 20th March

trd_st162
03-08-2005, 10:15 AM
We have joined a Celicatech/Classic Celica Club Meet...

Here are the details

Date: Sunday 20th March 2005.

Time: 11:00am

Melways ref: Map 42, D11.

At the east end of Lorimer street, opposite 'Boeing Hawker de Havilland'. There is plenty of parking along side the Yarra - hopefully they will be empty!

These are the same meeting place details as the first meet last year.

Contact details: My number is 0413 889 068, and my email is nickel@alphalink.com.au for any questions you might have!

Note: Everyone is welcome to attend, even if they dont own a Celica... The more the merrier, and it should be a fun day..hopefully the weather holds out this time!

The contact details above are from the classic celica club member, not my number, just wanted to inform u!

Classique71
03-09-2005, 01:40 AM
why not go along to the classic celica club meet thats being held that very day , in melb - thats already well orgainsed ??

Check toymods out - theres details there or if your all lazy bastards ill post the link up later

So far about a dozen classics are going + i will be in the supra if i can get the day off

Stu ( official celica cruise watcher outter-for guy )

BlackGT4
03-09-2005, 07:17 AM
oh this would be great..
i wouldnt mind a toymods/classic celica club cruise.
but it would also be good to have a cruise of our own.. so we know whos from toymods and who is from celicatech.
either way i'm up for it as long as i have managed to fix my car up by then.

Aust162
03-09-2005, 09:33 AM
yep i'm interested. i gotta get out of work first and make sure the car's going good first.... apart from that though :D
i'll try my best.

Keyroo
03-09-2005, 12:24 PM
yeah i'm good for the 20th, gonna be hung over like a chinese orangotang on the 19th so thats a no go for me,,

Classique71
03-10-2005, 12:55 AM
so shall we amass with the classic celica club ?

we might pay to gather up some additional barbeque supplies - as they are hosting a barby on the day but im not sure wheter they will budget for us lot too ! :)

i dont mind buying a few packs of snags etc - if somone else wants to assist with bread sauce onions etc
( mind you i still have to get this day off! )

Aust162
03-10-2005, 04:22 AM
hey classique, where do the classic celica club plan on cruising to? it would probably be a good idea to go with them, but what will they think of there being all these other "newer' celicas there?

btw, my cars all ready to go!,got her fixed up this morning:)

Classique71
03-10-2005, 08:43 AM
they had no problem wit me being there with my gt4 last time ..

ill post some details here + a note in the toymods thread re it as well

Classique71
03-10-2005, 09:49 AM
All is good to go along to their meet - of course as before - bringing own foodstuffs iff you want babry would be a wise move :)

kenshin
03-10-2005, 10:05 AM
sounds good i should be able to make it im coming back that week so if i didnt party too hard i can wake up sunday morn n cruize along =)

ChrisD
03-10-2005, 11:16 PM
And make sure you take lots of pics so we can put them up in the world cruise section of the site!

:)

Chris

Keyroo
03-11-2005, 06:17 AM
i should be there, i quite possibly could still be hung over from friday night (yes i am well aware ti's two days later) and i might be rocking up in a 1981 pimped up valiant HAHAH

Classique71
03-11-2005, 07:48 AM
i got the day off - hurray -

Gt4 wont be coming but ill bring dads stock as a rock VGC ma61 instead :)

Seeyas there with an esky fulla snags

ronin
03-11-2005, 11:29 PM
20 march.. okay im in. this is with the CCC yeah? sweet :)

i dont mind bringing a couple loaves of bread and a bottle of tomato sauce then, no stress..

means im gunna have to go get my exhaust looked at though doesnt it. shit.

trd_st162
03-13-2005, 03:53 AM
YIPPY i'm coming too hehehe.
Well i was the one tryin to organise a cruise on that day but i've just confirmed that I will be free on that day to come along..
yeah the classic celica blokes are nice as.. They will take in newer generations very welcoming. the more the merrier..

I'm hoping the extractors will be on by then WOOT!!

trd_st162
03-13-2005, 04:01 AM
I've updated the top with the details from Classic Celica Club, they don't mind a few more cars.. A member organising quoted "The more the Merrier".

Hehehe

Everyone has to make it to this one!

Fraggle
03-13-2005, 08:52 AM
Cool,

May not have the car on the road by then... some computer problems nd dyno work to be done over this week at the mechanic's. Would like to come and meet some GT4 fans in Melbourne - see some cars in the 'flesh'!

Aust162
03-14-2005, 07:32 AM
I'm in too :) Who else is in?we need more people!its gonna be a great day, weather is lookin good at this stage. 25degrees and sunny:D

so who's up for it? tooch,slixsx,rome,elliot???

tooch
03-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Yeh should be there, got a 21st the night before but don't think I'll be drinking so should be in ok condition :)

SlikSx
03-14-2005, 10:58 AM
p#!@ks... there's always ONE weekend a month Im away with work... and its ALWAYS the one everyone picks for a meet!!!!

MisfiT
03-15-2005, 12:55 AM
So if i leave on the 17th and drive 3 days straight i shood b there on time.... Dan u better be supplying coffee my friend :laugh:

Good job Adrain, nice to see u guys gettin off ur butts and back into tha swing of things :wiggle: just playin... have fun all.

Classique71
03-15-2005, 01:44 AM
Ahh we heard you were going to haunt our state so we had to do SOMETHING :)

Sounds like we'll have a good w/end guys - and foody type donations on top of what we have will be appreciated!

bring a camera too - we should have a HEAP of cars there ( pity my Gt4 will be getting Uberbrakes this weekend - but theres always other meets to bring her to! )

Keyroo
03-15-2005, 06:55 AM
i'll be there, if i get a chance during my hangover on saturday i'll fix my fucking oil leak first, mind u it is a nice timely reminder of where i have been , i leave a lil puddle of oil everwhere i go ,, ahhhhh isnt' taht sweet,,

yeah anyway,,

ronin
03-15-2005, 07:16 AM
better than a little puddle of some other substances roo hahaha

loz.. i got coffee that would make your hair stand on end dont you worry about that hahahaha.

tooch
03-15-2005, 07:44 AM
bring a camera too - we should have a HEAP of cars there ( pity my Gt4 will be getting Uberbrakes this weekend - but theres always other meets to bring her to! )

Will bring my digital SLR, can get some nice group shots of all the Vic celica's :)

Keyroo
03-16-2005, 11:16 AM
hang on,, who is haunting our state?

BlackGT4
03-17-2005, 07:00 AM
cool, i got all the cooling issues sorted, and is looking good to join you guys on sunday. i wouldve loved to see classique's car there..
but ohwels. he'll just have to show us something double the coolness on the next meet he comes to haha.
so how many cars are attending this altogether?

Aust162
03-17-2005, 08:01 AM
The list as far as i know:
Classique
Keyroo
Ronin
BlackGT4
TRD ST162
Aust162 (myself)
Tooch
Kenshin
Fraggle

And the others from toymods (eg.all the classic celica crew)

Trance4c
03-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Take pics guys!

Keyroo
03-17-2005, 09:41 PM
sick anyone heard from ace?

Classique71
03-18-2005, 01:36 AM
well if we organise the sorrento meet - we can invite the Classic club as a thanks for letting us attend their event :)

i think a good bond could be made between the two " clubs " - and hopefully sproing forth more meets + cruises

As for my Gt4 - it will be ready bty the sorrento meet in one form or another i hope

It was front brake rotors being too thin + Cv joints + a few electrical niggles i have thats holding me back from having it atm ..

Plus i want the frontmount in before you see it next + the Group A bonnet on :)

Keyroo
03-18-2005, 02:52 AM
disks too thin? dude unless the vents are coming through ur fine :P HAHAH

Classique71
03-18-2005, 07:45 AM
hah - im sorry i forgot i was speaking to the brake killing expert * lol *

nahh - it was making some really nasty noises up front - so i pulled it off the road - so now it waits till this coming week to get its brake upgrade finally ..

Couldnt be arsed doing a bandaid fix with the currrent brakes when i have new St205 ones just about ready to go on

Classique71
03-18-2005, 07:54 AM
just contacted one of the guys at the CCG

They dont have cooking facilitys at the meetpoint - but plan a cruise after the meet to a nearby park that should have facilitys to cook

So if you guys want a bit of a BBq - please let me know before tomorrow arvo so myself and others who have offered to bring tucker , can organise what we need !

ronin
03-19-2005, 12:43 AM
im still gunna bring some food stuey so bring the sausages man.. if no one else wants to party i will.. ill bring a couple loaves of bread and some tom suace..someone bring some drinks, cups, BBQ tools (maybe you stuey as you are bringing the food?? id bring some but im not home tonight to get them sorry)

also, if you are coming, but running late, call me on 0402 049 584 and let me know, im not sure if these guys will wait around and if we dont know you are coming, we arent going to be able to wait. i dont bite so even if i dont know you call me if you are a bit late.. i shouldnt be hung over i dont think so all will be good.

does anyone know if there is gunna be a coffee shop open nearby that will be open? if not im gunna have to organise something...

Elliott
03-19-2005, 01:20 AM
I'll be there :)

ronin
03-19-2005, 07:22 AM
sweet.

and hold on me not having a hangover.. there so better be a coffeeshop within 5 minutes of everywhere we go. shit.

Elliott
03-19-2005, 10:52 AM
ahhh fuck i can make it in the end - scratch me out :(

Elliott

Fraggle
03-19-2005, 11:30 PM
To anyone who checks this page after the cruise... the reason I'm not there lighting up all four wheels is because my car is stuck at the mechanics!

The gasket seal on the exhaust side of my turbo is cracked and I couldn't get a replacement until monday. Having it changed out to a ct20b.

Buga! Hope you guys are had fun. Really wanted to see some other cool silly cars.

tooch
03-20-2005, 05:32 AM
Sorry I left early guys!

Andrew, when you went to get petrol, my mate and I wanted to go and get subway and cbf'd coming back :)

BlackGT4
03-20-2005, 06:16 AM
i was there at 11.40, but i think i was too late coz there was a delay waiting for my mate, then i had the trouble of finding the street.
sorry that i couldnt make it.

Keyroo
03-20-2005, 08:02 AM
sorry for not hanging around guys, i blew a knock sensor on teh way there dragging ronin, we went to hte aquarium instead hehe

ronin
03-20-2005, 08:24 AM
i had a ball.. was great.. some of the first gens were awesome. was great to see so many clean oldskool cars. i hope it ended up as a cruise too.

the aquarium was awesome. ive had a great day. thanks all.

blackGT4. we got there about then.. after getting lost half a dozen times, place was fuckin hard to find.. but once you found it its like how the ehll did i miss that!?!?! i can give you easy directions next time so dont stress too much.

i got some pics, but ill need a host (will talk to roo) and i have to downsize them.

Classique71
03-20-2005, 10:18 AM
was a good meet guys - nice to finally meet you ' roo!

next time i hope to bring my Gt4 to a meet - so you guys can see it for a change !

after you lot left ( to see teh fishes! ) i hung around for about 30 mins more then shoved off - only to be nearly head on'ed by one ofd the guys driving a orange early model celica - he basically ran me off the road

Already posted a " your the tool of the week " notice on toymods - hopefully the CCG kick his arse for being a dickhead

CLEEKA
03-20-2005, 11:21 PM
nice day,
few pics posted here (http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&th=60558&start=0&rid=&S=36ae6428dbe5d0145eb7429a11e1d8e0)

cheers,

lee

ChrisD
03-21-2005, 12:28 AM
Pics guys? It would be sweet if I could get them hosted here: http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchive/cruise/cruise.htm

Keyroo
03-21-2005, 01:09 AM
i only took a couple of pics, but i'll put them up when i get the chance, more intent on replacing my knock sensor first, job for thisafternoon me thinks, stupid gt-4 engine bays, gonna have no skin on my nuckles,,,

ChrisD
03-21-2005, 05:37 PM
If anyone needs image hosting, email to celicatech.cruisepics@gmail.com and we can host them here on the Celicatech server. :)

ronin
03-22-2005, 10:50 AM
i dont really have any reliable server space chris.. i got a few decent pics of some great old school cool. really need a host for them. ill talk to you in the next couple days.

stuey.. i was under the impression that these CCC boys werre fairly responsible bunch too im pretty disspointed.. glad ya made it out okay.

lets try to organise the sorento cruise for end of april early may huh

Classique71
03-23-2005, 01:44 AM
most of them are - they were all good last time - I dunno if that guy was a ring in or a member but im sure the message will have been passed on ..

I wont hold that against the club as a whole - cause you always get one tool showing up

kenshin
03-23-2005, 04:31 PM
yeh hehe and its usually dan!! hehe jksjks