PDA

View Full Version : celicaAT160's Welcome Thread

celicaAT160
09-30-2008, 11:48 PM
I got AT160 celica whit 4A-GE 16valve engine. It gives 125 horsepowers and 142nm.. Does anyone else have a AT160 celica? i have owned it about year, but i haven't found yearmodel of my celica.. It's more lighter than 3G-SE and little shorter, that is what i know

And sorry for my bad english..

Colossus20v
09-30-2008, 11:54 PM
^Welcome aboard. You should create an introduction post and tell us a little bit more about your car. Why didnt you just swap a 3sgte or something instead of the 4age?

How does it run?

RedRkt01
10-01-2008, 12:01 AM
^Welcome aboard. You should create an introduction post and tell us a little bit more about your car. Why didnt you just swap a 3sgte or something instead of the 4age?

How does it run?

Because it is an "A" chassis which runs the A family engines. "S" chassis' run the S family engines, hence any of the displacement versions (ie: 2S, 3S, 4S & 5S).

The S family engines were designed to replace the aging A family. That is why you'll only find A engines in the base models of Celicas made in the last 20 years. This is also the reason you see the S family all over the place in its varying versions across the different markets for the last 20+ years.

He could swap in an S engine, but he would have to cut out the A motor mounting points, do a hell of a job measuring, then weld in the correct S mounting points.

Colossus20v
10-01-2008, 12:29 AM
Because it is an "A" chassis which runs the A family engines. "S" chassis' run the S family engines, hence any of the displacement versions (ie: 2S, 3S, 4S & 5S).

The S family engines were designed to replace the aging A family. That is why you'll only find A engines in the base models of Celicas made in the last 20 years. This is also the reason you see the S family all over the place in its varying versions across the different markets for the last 20+ years.

He could swap in an S engine, but he would have to cut out the A motor mounting points, do a hell of a job measuring, then weld in the correct S mounting points.
Well then what engine did he get in his car? Because I thought the 4th gen ST's came with a 3sfe not a 4afe or a 4ac?

Colossus20v
10-01-2008, 12:33 AM
OH piss.. Nevermind. I wasnt thinking about the fact that is not in the US and what other options they had. I dont think the US ever get any AT160's?

RedRkt01
10-01-2008, 02:59 AM
OH piss.. Nevermind. I wasnt thinking about the fact that is not in the US and what other options they had. I dont think the US ever get any AT160's?

Yup, you got it! ST161s and 162s until the facelift/intro of the Alltrac and then only 162s and 165s. 5th and 6th Gen both got A chassis' until 1999 when the 6th Gen was offered in only one platform. As you well know the T model was history after that.

celicaAT160
10-01-2008, 11:50 AM

How does it run?

It's running smooth. I just completed the bodywork, there was some rust and dents. Also painted whole car. 20 years old car and everything works as it should. I have owned it allmost year and it's my "beauty"
And I'm not chansing 4A-GE to 3S-G(T)E, cause i don't want to.. 125 hp and 960 kg weight is kind of good power/weight use. It takes only 8.5 secs (clocked) to 0-100 km/h (0-60mph) And it takes 5.7-7.5 litre gas for 100km
So it's cheap to drive.

Here is couple pics...
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6264/celica041ya3.jpg

AND

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/23/celica040do9.jpg

RedRkt01
10-01-2008, 01:17 PM
More pics please. I like you car.....it's clean and well taken care of by the looks of it.

you could still do a lot under the bonnet with the 4AGE

Colossus20v
10-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Looks great. Make a new thread and introduce yourself with some more pics. I am sure a lot of the members would love to see a clean 4th gen. Thats beautiful.

I only mentioned the 3sgte because I got mixed up about your chasis. Sorry for any confusion. I like the A series a ton. :)

CriScO
10-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Woot! Another chance to do something around here! :hehe:

AT160, welcome! That's a pretty rare chasis you've got there, I didn't know any of them were still on the road. I'm going to go ahead and take your posts and the replies and make a new thread, as this really isn't one for discussion.

Terracar
10-01-2008, 09:42 PM
:eek:
Wow, that is the cleanest 4th Gen I have ever seen. I am envious, well done on the body work and paint.
:bowdown:

-Terracar

Colossus20v
10-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Nice job Crisco!.

Its so clean.

Murgatroy
10-02-2008, 04:06 AM
Nice to see an AT160 in pics. I had only heard of them up to this point. the 4AGE was only offered in MR2s and Corollas Stateside. It never made much sense to me that we would be offered the Corolla in a FWD variant with a performance option, as both the FX-16 and the GT-S sporting the 4AGE. Yet the Celica, which was arguably more performance oriented, especially seeing as how the Supra got it's start as a Celica, yet we only got 3/5SFE unless we wanted the top dog Alltrac.

I guess that was supposed to tide us over, getting all the goodies in an Alltrac.

I guess us FWD guys got screwed all around with the Celica here in the states, no 4AGE, no 3SGE...

ciento44
10-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Nice to see an AT160 in pics. I had only heard of them up to this point. the 4AGE was only offered in MR2s and Corollas Stateside. It never made much sense to me that we would be offered the Corolla in a FWD variant with a performance option, as both the FX-16 and the GT-S sporting the 4AGE. Yet the Celica, which was arguably more performance oriented, especially seeing as how the Supra got it's start as a Celica, yet we only got 3/5SFE unless we wanted the top dog Alltrac.

I guess that was supposed to tide us over, getting all the goodies in an Alltrac.

I guess us FWD guys got screwed all around with the Celica here in the states, no 4AGE, no 3SGE...

Dude... come on. We got the 5sfe didn't we? :hehe:

RedRkt01
10-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Dude... come on. We got the 5sfe didn't we? :hehe:

No engine gives me a bigger hard-on than the 5S :lolhittin