PDA

View Full Version : VENOM 400 PCM or JET ECU

93bottlefedGT-S
10-01-2008, 06:45 AM
I was looking around in one of my dads JEGS catalogs and notice that both of the items are available for my car/motor!
And was wondering if anybody has expierence with either one of these! And could tell me if it was any good to them? And can you run both of them at the same time?

Im currently running a JDM 5SFE w/ auto tranny, 2.25" exhaust, sri. Soon to have a header.

Colossus20v
10-01-2008, 07:35 PM
I never thought chips were worth it. I would rather have something that you can tune, like a SAFC or better yet a greddy eManage. Although they cost more, they are by far better than just a chip.

I am not sure about the JET ecu. Havnt really ever looked into it.

grayscale
10-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Garbage. The only advantage with these for you would be that they may be able to change the shift points on your auto tranny to make it a bit better, but you can get a used emanage/safc and tune for the same or less than one of those. Either way, you won't notice a whole lot of difference with any of them till you do a bit more internal work on your motor.

93bottlefedGT-S
10-01-2008, 10:23 PM
im not sayin your wrong grayscale, but have you had any expierence with either one of these items?

but i get wat your saying guys! better off just goin with the safc/emanage setup!