PDA

View Full Version : gts conversion

Wilco
09-26-2008, 08:19 PM
i know there are probably hundreds of posts on this already, so if you know one that applies just post the link.

Anyways, i already know that the 3sgte swap into a 5sfe celica gts is possible. what i would like to know is if it is possible to convert the gts over to a 4wd. Did toyota make the gts interchangeable? or is the altrac really built completely differently. Also, i am running an automatic gts at the moment, i would like to make it manual, now if it is possible to change the gts to 4wd, then i could use the altrac tranny and change it to manual right?

any advice, links etc would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

tuner4life
09-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Dont bother, you'd have soooo much less time and $ in just getting an All-Trac.

Colossus20v
09-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Its just not cost effective to do. If you want an alltrac get an alltrac.

Wilco
09-26-2008, 10:54 PM
ya my only problem is that i live in british columbia canada and no one is selling one around here!

Shadowlife25
09-26-2008, 11:07 PM
The short answer is NO. it would cost you 5x as much as just purchasing an AllTrac.
There is such a massive level of fabrication involved...
Since you are in Canada, you can have a GT4 imported legally. Why not go that route?

Ads28
09-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Noone selling in BC? your not looking hard enough...I live in Ontario..and anytime i see them pop up in Canada they're always in BC...there was 3 or 4 for sale on Autotrader last time i checked

But to answer the question..NO dont even bother trying to swap it..waste of money in my mind, just wait and buy an All trac or GT4..hell Import one from japan it doesnt cost much and they ship to BC:P ive been thinking about doin that...mabye after I move to BC :)

dups90gt
09-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Don't bother, it would cost waay too much, your better off getting an alltrac from Ontario and driving it to BC, cheaper too! but yeas as the post above I always see alltracs being sold in BC and not so many in Ontario..

Galcobar
09-27-2008, 04:22 AM
local importer shop, Maximum Overdrive, in Richmond. They've sold a tonne of Mitsubishi Delicas (no, not a typo) so they seem to do a good job.