PDA

View Full Version : I got head!

CriScO
09-25-2008, 12:37 AM
Rev 2 head, to be exact. :hehe:

Got her today, just need to find some cams. I'll get it built with some 2JZ valves and have the cams ground.

Now I just need a spare 3S block to strengthen, I'm planning on doing a full rebuild, overbored with 10.5:1 pistons. Don't wanna put the head on my block now, when I'm done this puppy's gonna see 8k RPM...

MCcelica
09-25-2008, 12:39 AM
Moto!

CriScO
09-25-2008, 01:27 AM
^ If all goes well you might be able to hear the coupe all the way up there! :hehe:

Mmm... 8k rpm at wot with my magnaflow... I can't wait! As if Golden PD doesn't already hate me. :)

Hookecho
09-25-2008, 10:36 PM
shweet! get yourself some cams and make it happen. how much you pay for it? what car is this going in?

CriScO
09-25-2008, 11:26 PM
shweet! get yourself some cams and make it happen. how much you pay for it? what car is this going in?
$100 plus shipping, but I also got the intake manifold, throttle body (which I can't use, but hey...), fuel rail, water neck, and EGR.

The head is part of the 3S-FE I'm building for the coupe. It will be a while. With what I'm planning I'll have to build up the bottom end too, and I've gotta have a place to keep the hatchback before that can happen. Plan is to build the hatchback's bottom end, as it has about half the miles. That 221k mile block in the coupe ain't gonna stand up to the RPM range I want! :hehe:

It's a long term project, right now I've gotta upgrade the coupe's brakes and try to get an S54 in it before April - I really want to take her to the dragon. I just couldn't pass up the head when it became available, and I was excited when I got it. :)

Hookecho
09-30-2008, 01:46 AM
sounds good man.