PDA

View Full Version : Windshield resealing?

tuner4life
09-23-2008, 07:54 PM
My Saab has a small leak right in the top center of the windshield. I have the headliner out and can see where the caulking is failing.

I was planning on having a company remove the windshield, remove the old adhesive, reseal/caulk everything, and reinstall the window.

Well no company I have talked to wants to do this, they all claim no responsibility for damage to the window and will NOT offer a warranty against leakage (Obviously not on the glass, but not even on their caulk job?). I would just be out all the $ if something happened. The only way they will gaurantee anything is if they put a brand new window in. Which is significantly more.

My Question is...

Does anyone know if there is a company that will reseal a windshield without making you replace it too??

The current window is fine, just needs new caulking. And no, I am not doing this myself, I want it done professionally.

EDIT: Fixed

Ryan
09-23-2008, 08:12 PM
i will do it:)

Kastigir
09-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Can't believe you can't find a shop to do an RnR. How for in to Indiana are you? There should be plenty of shops in Ohio that will do an RnR.

Ryan
09-23-2008, 09:56 PM
we are bout an hour from the michigan state line.

tuner4life
09-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Right in the middle (east/west wise). And like Ryan said, 1hr south of MI.

ciento44
09-24-2008, 11:21 AM
My Saab has a small leak right in the top center of the windshield. I have the headliner out and can see where the caulking is failing.

I was planning on having a company remove the windshield, remove the old adhesive, reseal/caulk everything, and reinstall the window.

Well no company I have talked to wants to do this, they all claim no responsibility for damage to the window and will only offer a warranty against leakage (Obviously not on the glass, but not even on their caulk job?). I would just be out all the $ if something happened. The only way they will gaurantee anything is if they put a brand new window in. Which is significantly more.

My Question is...

Does anyone know if there is a company that will reseal a windshield without making you replace it too??

The current window is fine, just needs new caulking. And no, I am not doing this myself, I want it done professionally.

If they're putting a warranty on their caulk job.... isn't that a warranty against leaking?

celicaGT90_05
09-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Can't believe you can't find a shop to do an RnR. How for in to Indiana are you? There should be plenty of shops in Ohio that will do an RnR.

I just had a windshield installed for $50, Im sure someone would do that lol

tuner4life
09-24-2008, 12:59 PM
If they're putting a warranty on their caulk job.... isn't that a warranty against leaking?

Sorry, mistyped, they DO NOT offer any warranty.