PDA

View Full Version : 86 gt automatic - vibrating while accelerating

monkey nutz
03-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Just bought the car with a 2se, and im having a problem with vibration while accelerating. It also gets worse when accelerating through corners. When cruising though and on part throttle its smooth as butter. At first i thought cv joints, but there is no clicking and the boots look new. Could it be engine mounts or something? If its the transmission, are there any other cars that use the same transmission that i might be able to swap in?

Dr.Auto
03-08-2005, 01:48 AM
Yes it could be the engine mounts. Since it's a auto have someone power brake it in drive and reverse and inspect the mounts for excessive movement at that time. They will move some normally. A CV joint can also cause a vibration if the joint is bad. I have had one axle shaft I got new (rebuilt) from a parts store, and it was bad causing a vibration. A auto matic transaxle will almost never cause a vibration just on acceleration. Don't overlook the possibility of unbalanced tires. And the main thing, make sure the "vibration" isn't the engine running bad or missing under acceleration!