PDA

View Full Version : MINI will take longer...

david in germany
09-18-2008, 06:49 AM
MY MINI will be here a couple months later than planned... I ordered a 2009 with a couple of packages to include the Sports package that has one change from the 2008 to 2009 models. They added Dynamic stability control to the package instead of it being an additional option... Bad news is they don't start installing the 2009 sport package on the Cooper S until December.. My MINI rep forgot whan I placed my order and has been clueless on why I don't have my production date untill yesterday when I shook his tree.. I really wanted the car sooner but I want it will ALL the safety (DSC, LSD, Traction control)... Just venting.

Colossus20v
09-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Can you get any money back from waiting so long? Sounds like bad customer service to me. Time is money. You should get some really cool floor mats or something out of the deal.

david in germany
09-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Can you get any money back from waiting so long? Sounds like bad customer service to me. Time is money. You should get some really cool floor mats or something out of the deal.
No money back but he siad he would hook me up with as many extras as possible. :wiggle:

Fuelish
09-18-2008, 08:22 PM
No money back but he siad he would hook me up with as many extras as possible. :wiggle: A couple years of free gas might be nice, eh ??? :cool: David, it sounds as though you've ordered the car I want most (atm, anyway). I test drove a used Mini S, and would love to replace my Celi with that, but .......out of work and back in school full-time, it ain't gonna happen soon......sigh.....Enjoy yer new Mini when it comes in !!!!

david in germany
09-19-2008, 11:09 AM
I have been driving the ST since I bought it new and have always kinda wished I had gone with the GT or Alltrac so this time when I started shopping I was looking for the Cooper and then realized the S was only 3k more. I went for it and since the car is a total blast to "motor" in how could I say no. I ordered with only functionality in mind and the thought that after 2 years (the European warentee is only 2 years) it will be a high mileage car. My daily commute will be over 100 miles round trip I wanted as little problems and leaks as I could get. I ordered with no sunroof to avoid the leaks, White roof to keep it cool on the hour drive each way. Dynamic stability control and limited slip was also a must for the snowy times.