PDA

View Full Version : ok, it's about time to start working on the body, I guess...

Frenchy
09-18-2008, 05:45 AM
sooo my plans are to start working on the body sometime soon, and I just want to know if it's an absolute must to grind/sand the paint on the car to bare metal, or if it's just recommended?

I want to prime it and fill in all the little holes and stuff, and make it look nice again... I ripped off the spoiler ends, cuz the part that is on the trunk, well, it's not there... so it looked dorky... so I ripped the ends off, and holy shit, if the paint isn't a niiiiiiiiiiiice color!!!!

I just wanna get er all the same and stuff...

celicaSThelpme
09-18-2008, 06:48 PM
do what i am gonna do

take her to macco

theres a deal 400 bucks will get a 2 coat paint job :D

Galcobar
09-18-2008, 06:53 PM
And then enjoy the non-existant prep, overspray everywhere, runs, drips, missed patches, and paint which only lasts a few years before looking as dull and oxidised as the original paint did after twelve years.

Colossus20v
09-18-2008, 08:19 PM
sooo my plans are to start working on the body sometime soon, and I just want to know if it's an absolute must to grind/sand the paint on the car to bare metal, or if it's just recommended?

I want to prime it and fill in all the little holes and stuff, and make it look nice again... I ripped off the spoiler ends, cuz the part that is on the trunk, well, it's not there... so it looked dorky... so I ripped the ends off, and holy shit, if the paint isn't a niiiiiiiiiiiice color!!!!

I just wanna get er all the same and stuff...
Its not an absolute must to do prep work. Only if you want it to turn out well. If you are painting over paint or not preparing the surface well you may run into the paint not looking as good as it should.

It is always said that you should really take the time to prep the car. Dont flake out on that.