PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai Genesis

Ryan
09-12-2008, 03:50 AM
ok, so i used to work at a gm/hyundai dealership as some of you may or may not know. i was able to get an up close and in depth look at one with the new version of the 3.8L v6.. after talking to a few of the techs that were sent to the training for it i was quite impressed. they said that the v6 model with 4 men in it was able to leave two 30 foot black marks by just flooring it from a dead stop... the said the 4.6L v8 has some sort of torque management and was not able to...

i like the exterior and the interior is immaculate. it reminds me a lot of a lexus.

What do you guys think of it?

T-spoon
09-12-2008, 03:52 AM
I think it's kind of boring.. I'm sure it has some power, but you're right, it looks kind of like a lexus sedan, which - although they are great cars and great for cruising and comfort - makes them pretty boring to me.

And it's still a Hyundai. :hehe:

Slider
09-12-2008, 04:28 AM
I'm going to a Hyundai event next month where I'll get to test it out, should be fun. I doubt it will beat or be close to the free Mazda event from a couple years ago, but I guess we'll see. They will also have some competitor cars to try out, I'm guessing Mercedes and Hyundai.

celicatrd93
09-12-2008, 09:54 AM
here ıs a new one that fell of the delıvery truck

http://www.autounleashed.com/images/hyundai_genesis_sedan_crash.jpg

tuner4life
09-12-2008, 01:09 PM
^ LoL, I thought you were saying that the truck dropped it off at the dealer or something.

I really like the Genesis. For what you get for the $, it's pretty amazing. I would wait a few years before I buy one to see how they hold up reliably.

Slider
09-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Now they just need to make a light RWD car

usp45
09-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Now they just need to make a light RWD car

yes... yes... they do. If they don't make the concept... they crazy

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm475/djUrbanTarzan/funny-2.jpg

That's one hyndai I would hit

Slider
09-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Well that one won't be too light, it's a good start though. I'm guessing the price would put it right in Infiniti G37 territory though.

Ryan
09-12-2008, 05:13 PM
they are planning on starting to sell the genesis coupe sometime next year.. i was talking to the regional hyundai reap and he said that they are expecting it to be either a 4 cyl. turbo as one engine option and the 3.8L v6 which apparently will eat mustang gts for breakfast... there is a 3.8L v6 in the hyundai entourage already but the new v6 is a new engine all together..i guess the top end in the new 3.8 is completely redesigned. if i remember correctly the fully loaded v6 sedan was around $35...im thinking the coupe was somewhere around $25 or $30k...(thats what i heard from the rep.)

I think it's kind of boring.. I'm sure it has some power, but you're right, it looks kind of like a lexus sedan, which - although they are great cars and great for cruising and comfort - makes them pretty boring to me.

And it's still a Hyundai. :hehe:

hyundai has come a long way from the bubbly and goofy looking 1st gen tibs. they are a lot better quality and are way more reliable. im saying this from 1st hand experience of working on them day in and day out. the genesis is a performance sedan...and a drivers car. :bigthumbu :burn: