PDA

View Full Version : Cracked radiator!

BoneSTock91Celica
03-07-2005, 07:38 AM
damn cooling system...so i found out yesterday theres a crack in my radiator near the cap. Do i have to replace it or is there a way i could get it welded or sealed up other than having to replace it. Cuz they seem kinda pricey and i dont know how much longer im keeping this one thx

Hooligan
03-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Replace it. Anything else might work temporarily, but the crack wil continue to propogate.

Edit: I forgot to say that you should check at www.radiators.com.

Colossus20v
03-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Just replace it.

Devil Dog
03-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Replace it, If its that old that its developed one crack its going to develope more. I had to over night mine and put it in. Its not hard to put in. Good luck

Psyko
03-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Replace it. Anything else might work temporarily, but the crack wil continue to propogate.

Edit: I forgot to say that you should check at www.radiators.com.

Got mine from there, fast shipping, and its an easy fix, Only should take a hour at most. I did mine in the school pakring lot up here in 20 min with no help. Its easy to do. Just be sure to get out all the air bubbles before you run the car with the cap on

BoneSTock91Celica
03-08-2005, 06:14 AM
dang i was afraid u guys would tell me that. Well what should i do temproary cuz i might get another car within a few weeks so i might juss put this car on the side and juss do who knows what to it maybe engine swap maybe juss a deep tune-up/ repair on the overall car.

Hooligan
03-08-2005, 06:30 AM
Install a new radiator. You can't sell a car with that bad of a leak like that unless you tell them, and I don't think it's a good idea to present a vehicle up for sale as needing maintinence.