PDA

View Full Version : HOLY SHiii!!! i think i blew my motor

BlackGT4
03-07-2005, 05:55 AM
i got home from work today.. came early, coz feeling crook as hell.
then i was idling my car a bit as usual..
then i hear this sizzling sound.. i'm like wtf i just got my radiator repaired not long ago..

then i open the hood.. and i see something i never seen before..
my intercooler was sizzling..
wat have i done to it ? i wasnt even driving extremely crazy.

i dunno wat the problem is.. but in a way i wouldnt be too upset if this motor does end up dieing.. coz then i have to plan new things for this car.
damn was getting my bov fitted this week too.

any ideas?

Hooligan
03-07-2005, 06:20 AM
What do you mean by "your intercooler was sizzling"? Did it just sound funny or was there bubbling/etc?

BlackGT4
03-07-2005, 07:54 AM
it was sizzling due to overheating.
i have discovered i have a little leak somewhere. it must be coming from one of the radiator hoses., it doesnt look like its coming from the main top one. but i've been told there is another one.. but i cant see it.
i know there is also one at the bottom of the radiator.. but the leak isnt anywhere near there.

CelicaGT4
03-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Is your water pump good?

Punisher
03-07-2005, 08:33 AM
Don't pay much attention to the "engine coolant temp gauge"? lol...

BlackGT4
03-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Is your water pump good?
i am not sure,,
i had it recently replaced.. but they replaced it with a 2nd hand one also.. so i dont know how reliable it is..
however, the leak is nowhere near the water pump.

Schmleff
03-07-2005, 05:26 PM
are you sure that the intercooler is not just DED dead?

Hooligan
03-07-2005, 06:02 PM
are you sure that the intercooler is not just DED dead?

I am thinking that the IC has a leak in it as well, but I still don't understand how it can just "sizzle" out of nowhere. I also don't know if he meant it just sounded like sizzling, if he could see steam/bubbles/etc, or what.

BlackGT4
03-07-2005, 10:55 PM
yep there was steam coming out of the fins and stuff.

Punisher
03-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Um ok.. lets go over this..

Turbo charger spins up from exhaust fumes.. that causes the intake impeller to draw air in.. which sends the air through the IC then into the motor..

Ok I don't know much about the 3sgte and I need to learn.. does the turbo on the 3sgte use coolant AND oil? Or just oil or just coolant? Because if it uses coolant their could be a leak in the turbo.. letting engine coolant into the turbo which is why water was sizzling in the IC.. I can't figure any other way.. unless you have one of those water intercoolers...

BlackGT4
03-08-2005, 03:50 AM
i took the car to a toyota dealer today.
they showed me where the leak was. they said it was a bypass hose or something.. it was spaying out quite a bit.. strangly though, it doesnt always do this. so i think that there must have been coolant being sprayed on to the motor through this bypass hose.. and therefore i thought my intercooler was sizzling.

Punisher
03-08-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm interestingly confused.. lol

CelicaGT4
03-11-2005, 07:05 PM
so how does this relate to you blowing your motor? When you blow your motor you'll know it!!

AJz
03-11-2005, 09:02 PM
i think he exagurated(spelling) it a little bit at the time cos he was shitting himself