PDA

View Full Version : 4age head 4afe block

duggy
09-10-2008, 02:19 AM
hey guys i been every where tryin to find the answer to this question, im acctually from australia and no one over here has any info on the 4AFE. all i wana no is will a 4age head bolt straight onto a 4afe block. if there are any differences could u please let me no wat and picture references would be awsome thanks heaps in advance guys.

Ryan
09-10-2008, 03:06 AM
im thinking it might, im not real positive, but i think they just might.

burnyd
09-10-2008, 03:12 AM
club4ag.com

Ryan
09-10-2008, 03:23 AM
^burnyd for the win

turbo4ag
09-12-2008, 02:27 PM
hey guys i been every where tryin to find the answer to this question, im acctually from australia and no one over here has any info on the 4AFE. all i wana no is will a 4age head bolt straight onto a 4afe block. if there are any differences could u please let me no wat and picture references would be awsome thanks heaps in advance guys.

Yes it will bolt straight onto it.

The pistons are different though, so I dont know if the valves will hit.

Other than that, the 4AFE crank isn't really performance oriented. Its not fully counterbalanced like the 4AGE crank. You'd probably be better off getting a 4AGE crank and swapping it into the 4AFE block along with pistons and rods.

Colossus20v
09-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Other than that, the 4AFE crank isn't really performance oriented. Its not fully counterbalanced like the 4AGE crank. You'd probably be better off getting a 4AGE crank and swapping it into the 4AFE block along with pistons and rods.
which at that point you would just be better off swapping the entire 4age. If your changing the head/crank/pistons/rods.

vip09
09-12-2008, 07:04 PM
which at that point it would still be slow. :cool:

I honestly don't think it would be worth the trouble.

Colossus20v
09-14-2008, 05:03 PM
which at that point it would still be slow. :cool:

I honestly don't think it would be worth the trouble.
4age's are just as fast as 2zzge's if they unbolted the exhaust as well. ;)