PDA

View Full Version : new car, couldnt be happier

lilsticcup
09-09-2008, 06:33 PM
so i go searching on c.l. for another car since i decided to hold off on my swap, and i type in a couple keywords like mr2 and celica and stuff, then i type in supra and there it is, a beautiful white 89 with a custom exhaust and cai already installed for only 1100, they told me the maf needed to be replaced which isnt much for so cheap, so i walk, ya i walk 3 blocks to the car and drive, ya drive 3 blocks to my house, the engine sounding like a champ the whole way, how much happier can i get, so now all i need is a little paint, some interior touch ups, a sub, amp and an maf which i already have and im good to go :bigthumbu :bigthumbu :bigthumbu

well here it is:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b33/u_niq619/mine.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b33/u_niq619/mine1.jpg

dups90gt
09-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Oh damn! You were born under a lucky star!! Nice Ride!

Cavanagh
09-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Manual? Auto? Targa? Hardtop? more info!
Be sure to replace your Headgasket!

Idiot Stick
09-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Looks like a hard top from the pic. Cant see any lines from a T-Top

donteatbugs
09-09-2008, 08:44 PM
yes. do the head gasket before it blows. it much easier.

Colossus20v
09-09-2008, 08:52 PM
nice find. I like it.

lilsticcup
09-10-2008, 01:33 AM
sorry i was kind of in a hurry to look for a couple things needed to be fixed and some things i wanted to change to make it more, mine lol. well its a hard to manual, the clutch seems kind of wierd, not like its bad, but i cant really explain it. well i bought it off an asian who said it was too loud for him. haha that was kind of funny. i will be replacing the head gasket, intake manifold gasket because it seemed kind of damaged, an i already notice a thin thin thin stream of smoke coming out the muffler, i noticed it like 2 hours ago

lilsticcup
09-10-2008, 07:34 AM
well on the freeway i went the a tunnel and she sounded beautiful, i guess the non v-tec civic next to me thought he take me on so i ended up in front of him for a couple miles until we get off the freeway and tells me my tails werent lit lol. i pull her over and check on it and it should be the fuse cuz the bulbs were ok, so i take her down the raod when a bright red light caught my attention. CHECK ENGINE... so sad

lilsticcup
09-10-2008, 07:40 AM
i just took another glance and i noticed the maf my uncle gave me was for an 88 celica 3sfe and is way smaller then the 1 i pulled out of the supra, so maybe that could have something to do with it, also i called the guy who sold it to me and he finally tells me the intake manifold gasket needs replacing. pretty good timing huh.