PDA

View Full Version : Fired Chaos up today...

Murgatroy
09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
I rarely drive anymore, I carpool back and forth to work. At most I might drive once a month, and then it is in the Buick.

So poor Chaos has been sitting there in her parking space all sad and neglected. I had to go and get her (and Mudhoney's) registration renewed today, so I decided to take her for a spin.

First, it seems that sitting for 3 months isn't good for her battery. So I jumped her off.

Second, her valve seals aren't that bad, she barely smoked upon start-up.

And lastly, she isn't Supercharged.

Yeah, it was sad. I laid down on the go pedal and she let out a massive roar (wewt for open intake and straight pipe exhaust,) and she took off just like she always did. But it just wasn't like the Buick pushing 8 pounds of boost...

The groovy thing was being back in a nimble car again. The Buick just doesn't corner. Period.

I think I might drive her to work tonite. The old girl misses me.

Waffles!
09-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Poor Chaos, but I'm glad she got to go for a drive today.

extremeskillz
09-08-2008, 05:52 PM
^awww how cute! I love my car too!

T-spoon
09-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Nice :) I myself just put air in one of the supra's tires. They're going to paint the apt. building and I need to move the car.. just trying to get up the courage to push a 3400 pound car with wide tires uphill and make a 90 degree turn into another parking space by myself... I think I'll wait for help.. I'm not puny, but at 140 lbs it's maybe more than I can handle. I've pushed that pig around before so I have an idea what my limits are. :laugh:

But yeah, you should definitely take her to work tonight, they aren't meant to sit and languish!

Murgatroy
09-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I had let the registration lapse a bit... like since March...

The complex came through and tagged both of them threatening to tow them to an impound lot if I didn't register them.

$120 down the drain, but both girls are safe now.

VikingJZ
09-08-2008, 06:07 PM
^Cops came and tagged Ol Yeller two months ago and said that I needed to move it every so often (72 hours is what they told me on the phone, but the paper they left said a week.) Anyway, I moved it once a week over a three week period and there it has sat since. They claimed they were "cracking down" but I caught them in a lie by saying that, "I went through town and noticed several cars that were in worse shape than mine in plain sight and they were not tagged, plus my dad who used to be a local cop said that you guys are lying to me and that departments only tag when neighbors complain. Now I pretty much know who called, but its so nice to know that I'm paying you to lie to me, so I'll be making sure people know." Chief said that there isn't a need to tell people this because its not nice to the department and makes them look bad....rofl. Bunch of asses.

Ryan and i are going to be working on the 72 tonight. Hopefully we can at least get it to start.

ciento44
09-08-2008, 06:41 PM
My baby (Kabuto) sat for almost 2 years before i started her up. Shortly thereafter, she got reamed on the Dragon, and is still playing DD duties.

No smoke, no nothing. Love it. Can't wait to ditch this stupid engine.

METDeath
09-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Wait, the 92 engine you're going to dump? It works!!

T-spoon
09-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I had let the registration lapse a bit... like since March...

The complex came through and tagged both of them threatening to tow them to an impound lot if I didn't register them.

$120 down the drain, but both girls are safe now.

Heh, funny you should bring that up. I went to the DMV for the second time today trying to transfer my TX license (which doesn't expire until 2012) to WA so that we can register the car up here like good little citizens. They sent me away AGAIN because the paperwork I brought showing proof of residence isn't proofy enough. I'm like WTF, it's a statement from my car insurance company (state farm too, not a fly-by-night) but since my utility bills have my middle name instead of my first name they won't take those either. About to pull my hair out at the stupidity of government :)

andy
09-09-2008, 12:18 AM
id let murg drive me anyday.

PhillyDRFT
09-09-2008, 12:42 AM
How was the drive to work murg?

I had a similar experience this week. I was kicking back some long necks with a couple friends bullshiting about our cars etc.. they all love the deuce. They all miss the celica so once everyone left I kept peering at her, remembering all of the late night drives. I sat down in the drivers seat, grabbed the wheel and took a deep breath. Still the way I left it a year and a half ago but the magic just wasn't there anymore. :( It was really depressing but I do guess it was my que to move on.

Murgatroy
09-09-2008, 12:52 AM
She ran good. It was a good drive. The battery didn't hold a charge so I had to jump her off again, but it seems to be doing find now.

Colossus20v
09-09-2008, 05:19 AM
Heh, funny you should bring that up. I went to the DMV for the second time today trying to transfer my TX license (which doesn't expire until 2012) to WA so that we can register the car up here like good little citizens. They sent me away AGAIN because the paperwork I brought showing proof of residence isn't proofy enough. I'm like WTF, it's a statement from my car insurance company (state farm too, not a fly-by-night) but since my utility bills have my middle name instead of my first name they won't take those either. About to pull my hair out at the stupidity of government :)
I had problems like that with TN. I finally got the RSX taken care of but the celica is still a PA car. ;) Ill get the celi done soon. It sucks moving to different states.

Murg, I'm glad you were driving her again. I am also sure that she was happy to drive you around again. :)GLad to hear it man.

Murgatroy
09-09-2008, 05:25 AM
I drove her into work and she hasn't had an issue starting since. I go out every hour or so and fire her up and rev her a bit. There is something relaxing about hearing a car prattle through an open pipe...

85gtsblackman
09-09-2008, 07:49 AM
did u put those wheels and tires on yet?

btw you seem to have gooten one of the good 4afes, not the 4 engines i had, then i went 22r

Slider
09-09-2008, 07:58 AM
How old is your battery? Maybe it's has trouble holding charge? Same thing happened with my car when I tried to start it up after sitting for a while. After a charge it would start but next week it was dead again. Bought a new one, this way I won't have trouble in the winter and I won't be putting strain on the alternator charging an old battery. My battery was about 8 years old.

85gtsblackman
09-09-2008, 08:07 AM
i like the walmart yellow bottom batteries, ive only been able to kill 1 ever, and it was in 3 or 4 differnt cars.

celicaGT90_05
09-09-2008, 09:40 AM
i like the walmart yellow bottom batteries, ive only been able to kill 1 ever, and it was in 3 or 4 differnt cars.

those batteries do seem very worth while, I have one in the grand prix and it's been great so far. Too bad I cant say the same for the duracrap thats in the ranger, once it kaput's Im just gonna get a walmart one. Has been probably the best standard car battery I've dealt with. Although, I gotta say the battery in the celica has done well too, its a brand from advance auto parts but cant remember what its called, would have to go look

ciento44
09-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Wait, the 92 engine you're going to dump? It works!!

Slllooooooowwwwwwww....

Although i now think most of it is because of my broken exhaust manifold studs. (Also explains the god-awful noise above 4500rpms.)

But yeah. It works. It doesn't leak anything. Doesn't burn anything. And i mean this literally. Nothing.

But i still hate it.

Slider
09-09-2008, 05:16 PM
I put a duralast in my Celi, we'll see how it fares. Before I had an interstate in there and that one was great. Most of the batteries are made by 3 main manufacturers anyways. I'm kind of wary of Walmart since some of there batteries are made by Exide and some are not so it can be a hit or miss.

85gtsblackman
09-09-2008, 07:33 PM
if you get the walmart battery you must get the everstart maxx, everyone i know thats had one says they are great

T-spoon
09-10-2008, 04:45 AM
I put a duralast in my Celi, we'll see how it fares. Before I had an interstate in there and that one was great. Most of the batteries are made by 3 main manufacturers anyways. I'm kind of wary of Walmart since some of there batteries are made by Exide and some are not so it can be a hit or miss.

Exide is hot shiz.. well, some of'm are. I have a very expensive very dead Exide sitting in the dead supra. Heh. I don't think it's the battery's fault though. The car ate an optima yellow top before that. Long periods of sitting and wiring issues FTL.

celicaGT90_05
09-10-2008, 05:51 AM
the black ever starts are only ok, the yellow bottoms are real nice though. It started my carbed 3.8 without any hesitation during the winter season

Slider
09-10-2008, 06:23 AM
Supposedly they're made by the same company that makes Interstate batteries according to Consumer Reports. My Interstate only failed me once before, but I left my lights on. Hopefully consumer reports is right. It lasted until this summer. It's the car giving me the finger for leaving her outside to get crapped on by birds while the Miata gets the garage.

My mechanic recommended us the Interstate when the AC Delco shit out in the Chevy quickly. My dad bought a Corolla last year, I look under the hood and it's an AC Delco :thumbsdow I wonder how long this one will last.